1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Quiet understandable. .thank you.
    Regards

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

And i am happy that you are still typing.
    One humble request, i agree with you that Liva's brakes are better, pls don't try that in a Liva!!

Ok, just throwing in my view here. Punto's brakes didn't ditch you here. One should be aware of the fact that you are reaching at your target with far more Velocity and your time to stoppage is shrinking fast. You have to be habitual first at these speeds, get a proper judgement and then do it. It looks more of a judgement problem, I don't know. Braking in 80-rest doesn't mean anything in B-Segment cars. Same car's braking would be dead from 80-rest when it is loaded with 5 people.

Let me tell you one amazing fact i saw on Auto car. A Bugatti Veyron SS takes just 10 Secs to a dead stop from 432.07 km/hr. Isn't that magnifico!!! Wait, in those 10 secs, it covers 1/3 rd of a mile. Now blame a Bugatti for not stopping in time.

You didn't give car enough of the stretch to come to rest here, mind should be hyperactive at these speeds judging these distances every now and then. Before attaining such high speeds, better to do it in isolation.

It was indeed a bad feeling reading about that accident. I have nothing else to say on this topic. You may believe what ever you want to.
    2 people like this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Pedals????? I hope that was a typo. If in reality it was pedals and not just the brake pedal, my admiration for FIAT just went up a notch.

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I got a habbit of pressing clutch and brake pedal simultaneously when I need to slow down quite instinctively. I know about engine braking but my reflexes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry I haven't see n a bugatti yet , dont even know what what it is ,sounds like a bike but that was ducati right?
    Anyway I am yet to see or drive a ferrari yet.

I have driven Nissan 350z for a short distance,nothing to brag about but a nice car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    This habit will increase your braking distance or unknowingly increase the brake load as you will press more for the desired effect.. Engine traction will also become negative. I would be ideal if youy train yourself out of the habit.:)

Abdul
  7. Pressing of clutch and brake pedal simultaneously? ? You have been practicing this all along??
    By pressing the clutch in case of emergency braking you just free the engine which affects the deceleration, even if the car is in 5th gear and you brake after a moment engine braking becomes evident even though it is in higher gear and the braking will be little more effective.if you made this mistake while the panic situation it can be understood but every time you brake this is what you do please try to change this habit. anyways practice it if you still want to..

Btw sorry to hear about your accident,I guess almost majority of us have gone through this..but brother no offense this is the bloody car which saved your life atleast some respect would be appreciated.
    you have lost a huge amount of money and your faith in fiat has shattered no doubt but maybe that was a defect which happened only in your scenario? there are thousands of fiat owners who have come across this and this brand saved their life, if not fiat we would be history..
    Holding grudge against the company wont do any good(first I thought what is this man upto comparing a liva, swift with punto that also in braking segment).I really feel sorry for you once again, hope FIAT will instill the sense of security in the coming years to you..

Your brake pedal jamming is very unfortunate and I dont know why it took place, did this problem reoccur any time again or any solution from TASS/ FASS??

1 person likes this.
  8. Google out buggati veyron..btw it is a rocket(car)..

9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ZenWalker I do realize it. I am just putting my finding.That is a point.there is nothing Anti here.
    These Japanese cars,they are very sensitive to weight I guess.Power to weight ratio must be peaky. with single passenger it is great to drive but you load it everything is gone.same happens with braking too I guess. they design it keeping economy in mind i.e to pass test in some conditions.

Yes Liva does not have that glued to road performance like Punto,it is a light car,but what I am saying is in case of hard braking Liva with single person onboard will stop a meter or 2 before Punto on a good normal road.I don't know how it would be on rubberized and wet roads .
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If it is matter of advice ,Well noted.

If it is matter of Argument, You forgot to add a lot .say why not Handbrakes,shift down quickly ,swerve..Yada yada..!
    Sorry I don't like presenting fine polished experiences.I Let it raw.with least of sugar.You may advice but try not to ridicule.
    If I had disliked my car, I wouldn't be here .

Huh,It dint save my life rather went ahead and crashed.My vocabulary is limited please help yourself if you cant understand my poor english.

Please ,read my previous posts if you have some more patience.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It is a pity that people don't get the sarcasm unless put in textbook manner.I can't help it.
    1 person likes this.