1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Btw, I was here just to repost my review of new Ford fiesta on tbhp which I just hated as much as I hate cricket. Read below (didn't find any other relevant thread to post it)

Was not on the trail of the Ford fiesta nor read too much, not even the reviews. Just happened to be with my friend at a new Bombay Ford dealer where a petrol titanium and a diesel titanium plus had just arrived. Less than 70km on both odo.

The look (exterior) is dull and the front looks like a hatch from a lower segment, thats until you walk further and find an even ugly rear.
    Hold the door handles , I feel good, nice feel to the door.
    Step in and first thing I notice is no arm-rest in front. Close the door and more disappointment with the cheap feel of the insides of the door plastics . Honestly its just on par if not better than the maruti entry level cars .

The seats are impressive and give good seating posture and lumbar support.

The front console looks too cramped and the central display does not look impressive at all.

The button that is required to be pressed to invoke the "Ford sync" is awkwardly placed on the left stalk behind the steering wheel. The steering controls itself are cheap and poorly laid out on the left side of the steering. The top version with cruise control has a steering control button on the right side of the steering.

Test drive: Drove the petrol . The steering feels fine though I was not very impressed with the light feel of the steering, very unlike the Ford fusion that my friend drives. Nothing to complain on the ride Quality . The car feels absolutely stable and planted at high speeds. We touched 150+ on palm beach road with ease and lot of confidence. This, of course is a Ford!
    However, the fiesta offers nothing more than the usual Ford traits of good handling and driving comfort. There is no juice in the 5th gear. Nothing to cheer about for any car enthusiast. Give me the T-jet anyday!

Overall, my summary is that the New Ford fiesta is hugely over-prized to what it offers in terms of the overall car package . Starting with the base version @9.5lacs for petrol, somebody please convince me, why will I not look at the better featured, better priced and awesome drivers car - The linea tjet or the Vento diesel.
    I read rehaan mention that Ford priced the NFF not to enter the territory of the classic fiesta. I think thats the only place where the efforts have gone ; to price it the way rehaan has observed and nothing to justify that price.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yes we failed again. But I don't think we had any realistic hope plus all the internal turmoil with Bob Houghton kicked out unceremoniously. But lemme tell you this, India did qualify for the World Cup in 1950 in Brazil. The popular anecdote is that FIFA refused to entertain India's request to let their players play barefoot and were thus disqualified. But I've heard from credible sources within the game that the AIFF didn't have enough money to bear the team's travel and maintenance. The Govt didn't come to their rescue and alas the misery continues till date.

You surely aren't the one with this viewpoint. I know scores of people like us. Also, my Dad played footy all his life at various levels, played for India in the 70's and has coached professionally as well (continues to run a small junior academy in Delhi). But he always advised me to focus on studies and forget footy (I can understand his reasons now). I for sure won't let the same happen to my kids.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today I have completed one year at TFI. I had registered here on 4th August 2010 at around 7am, just a few hours before I was to book a Punto 1.4 or 1.3. I had sent Chaos a PM over T-BHP after I could not find suitable answers to my queries there.

Chaos guided me to TFI but I never posted until delivery as I thought TFI might ban me for not being an owner of a Fiat car. :p
    It's been an amazing experience on this website so far.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's great Yashik.. Congrats.. :) Next would be your 1 year as moderator.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Volkswagen Aqua Concept

Volkswagen Aqua Concept

VW Aqua.jpg

The Volkswagen Aqua Concept by Chinese design student Yuhan Zhang is a study of a futuristic all-terrain hovercraft. The project was shortlisted at the CDN Car Design Awards China.
    The Aqua Concept is a futuristic hovercraft (ACV – Air Cushion Vehicle) powered by Hydrogen and propelled by impellers.

The project was presented CDN Car Design Awards and was conceived as an off-road vehicle targeted to Chinese customers.

The hovercraft was chosen for its ability to travel equally well over land, ice, and water, thus resulting quite suitable for China’s wide landform range of wetlands.

Aqua features a powertrain with several engines, the main one is located under the chassis, which and is responsible for lifting the vehicle by forcing high pressure air under the craft.

Additional engines provide thrust in order to propel the craft.

As the author explains, “Aqua interprets the philosophy of Volkswagen Design with a total absence of cut lines.”

The doors are located at the rear. The two additional rear propellers give a visual impression of conventional wheels.

About the Designer
    Yuhan Zhang is a 21 years old female design student from China. She graduated with Honors from Xihua University in Industrial Design this semester.

Currently she’s choosing a Transportation Design schools to continue her training.

Ref:- Click Here for more snaps
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i hate these kind of concept cars. they are eye candies only..!!!
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    BTW, here is a Dejire:
    - undergoing car wash at MASC. :p
    - Or maybe undergoing quality check by underwater immersion. :D
    - Dip tea anyone? :lol:

Dejire in water.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hu hu ...:D They are trying to prove that the new swift being more lighter can float on water as well :dance
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I smell a huge strategic change in the maruti stable. they are entering into aerospace. Make the lightest car on earth and try to fly it.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    and land on water....but this time it failed it seems!!