1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes, imagination is mother of hope. What in the hell do you mean by "Abarth Brakes also submit before laws of Nature"?
    When i20/Swift is not enough, are you preparing to pitch "Nature" against "FIAT's braking"?:evilsmile

You look like one of those early 2000s lots of FIAT Dealers who were bankrupted by the Palio magic. They know FIAT cars are best but as soon as they hear "FIAT":D .... doesn't matter if the word comes from their own mouth... start behaving like a gone case.

If you want to give an asthma attack, just ask them, "which is the best car in India below 10 lacs category"?
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I wonder if you got some special talents to read people's mind. else one can never find out who likes fiat and who not.

Sorry buddy,you overestimated.In year 2000 I was in school.Only cars I knew were Ambassador and Maruti.
    Nevertheless things have changed now.
    At Least in India there is no special reasons to brag about fiat where in manufacturer are limping due to their exceptional inefficacy.

They just had One Job-to sell cars! but ended up bartering engine. ROFL.

Let me admit ,Fiat car were good once but there are better Non fiat ones now.

Present manufacturer is just exploiting the fruits of those spirited experts and engineer who made fiat what it was.

Optimistically Fiat proved to be an example to rest of the manufacturers, they all learnt what not to do and they succeeded.

hence the envy,the jealousy,touchy attitude from poor fiat owners!.
    at least,clubing others and mocking rest of manufacturer doest make one Fiat affectionado. well I am not preaching .
  3. Forget abarth..I dont know what you mean by not bad but average, a ''heart in the mouth situation every now and then'' in an average car maybe acceptable to people like you, but people who cheated death quite a few times and have almost reached that edge and returned ask them their opinion.
    No offense buddy,please be practical.99% users here are just regular users who come across this emergency situation every now and then, it doesnt feel good, no not at all to have this feeling of insecurity and uncertainty every day of your ownership.
    Maruti, hyundai have been in india since long back, they have made or built car bodies with borrowed engine etc(read old gen esteem, baleno, santro zip, accent etc) almost all these cars were excellently built and with excellent brakes.Now when these companies have made their presence felt their new gen products are coming with shoddy brakes, or poor dynamics,other cost cutting measures which reflects most of the products manufactured without keeping average customers safety and requirement in mind.and in simple words brother we average customers have been taken for a ride by these companies..(these companies can never build or manufacture such products overseas, they will be facing huge penalties forget about the car recalls).But in developing country like ours where we spend quiet an amount to buy a car, have no right to a good product?? When ever we get a defective product or another marvelous piece of engineering we have to live with it.And curse each other if any body dare say our car has some defects.
    Jago India Jago..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You hit the nail on the head Jayadev. i20 and Swift are average cars, meant to be used by regular commuters and can make do with average braking performance. People who own these cars, but pretend to be driving a performance car, by doing speeds that neither the car, nor the driver can handle are asking for trouble.

Abarth is a performance car, meant for the enthusiast, who likes to test the limits and hence comes equipped with brakes that compliment that power. As for submitting to nature, even F1 cars do that. So, expecting a street legal Abarth to defy the laws of nature would be asking for a bit too much.

Cheers,

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It looks really lenthy and tedious process of chosing a budget B-seg. car. People going too deep technically ignores the basic of a car like steering, brakes and suspension. If I would have driven I20 or Swift in exactly same way & to the distance that I have driven 90 HP, I would be a dead duck 4 times a day over last 19 months. Sorry, I can't keep my voice down while appreciating or criticizing anything just because I will sound more intelligent, analytical, smart and not a fanboy. Be my guest, don't give a damn about that. You tell me a car name and I will explain it in either of the word, An Absolute Junk or a Great Car. I don't believe in keeping everyone happy, take it or leave it, there is no such thing as Average here.
    3 people like this.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You think your Punto is a sports car!
    Even if you are driving alone in the car, down a deserted stretch of road with no billboards, not using your cell phone and with the radio off, there is still a chance that you will crash into something. That’s because you can’t stop your brain. When many people were asked what the cause of their car accident was, a surprisingly large number of them said daydreaming. Even if you try to concentrate on the road 100 percent of the time, there is a very good chance you will find your mind wandering. Suddenly, you're a mile down the road and you don’t even remember how you got there. And your short attention span can lead to accidents .
    don't blame the cars Buddy.

7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You brought a very good point here. I have no doubts that 2001 MPFI ZEN/Esteem was having much better brakes than Dzire/Swift's brakes. We are talking about very cheap cars compared to so called modern hatchbacks. Similarly for i20, it may sound awkward but i felt Santro's brakes a lot better. Well, make no mistake, Brakes of ZEN/Santro's are pretty awful but you can estimate now, how bad i rate the braking of i20/Swift. I have no idea what is the reason, is it cost cutting, weight of the vehicle or it's just me but i20/Swift have been compromised in countless ugly ways for whatever reason (if you chose Interior etc. as a lower priority). They could make much better cars with a few little things here and their, it is sort of funny actually.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    None of the cars mentioned had awesome brakes. It was just that the brakes matched the performance of the said engines. Over time, the engines got better, but the manufacturers forgot(!!!) to upgrade the brakes to match that enhanced performance. I personally do not even hold these manufacturers responsible.
    The onus is on the drivers / owners of these cars. The ability to go really fast, without the ability to stop equally fast is stupid.

People who buy these cars are making a conscious decision. Most of them are educated, right? We face the consequences of decisions we make. IMHO, blaming the manufacturer for our poor purchase decision is outright unfair.

Rajan
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Though i agree with what you say,about the braking of i20 and swift,but you are making it sound,as if you are driving around in a M3 or a Porsche.
    Their braking is bad,but for a common normal man,who has to go around the city or shuttle between two cities,these cars do it peacefully with niggles that are probably less than our Fiat's,you are making it sound as if swift's and i20's are running without brakes.
    30-35K people who purchase i20's/Swift's and Dzire's every month arent fools.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You are invited anytime to be a co-driver. I don't know what do you rate as "Sports" but it is sufficient to scare a kitten out of you:evilsmile. Keep scaring yourself and planning why accidents happen and how to avoid it, a person passionate for driving is very rare to die in a car. Keep finding the logic, it's just like that. There is pin-point difference between being FEARLESS and CARELESS. I know 10s of such geniuses who never had a scratch on their cars and have grown older and older, they just mastered this art. Fear acts like a magnet, expecting something bad is inviting something bad.

Gosh!! If all the people start thinking like you, Motor-sports would have been ILLEGAL. Don't stress yourself, you may do one thing good while other one not as good as earlier, this is one of the trait you may have or may not. Don't try to bind and justify it with your logic. Do a thing with PASSION and get rid of all the negative thoughts associated with it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Nope, i drive 458 Italia, never liked Porsche BMW:-D

Ok.. let's put it other way, 30-35 K Wise and smart Indians buy i20/Swift every month. Pls move on now...
    3 people like this.