1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

MSIL is behaving like a loser now. Ain't gonna impress any well informed person.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm..Guys POLO GT is released. Damn with just 1.2 engine its giving away 100+ BHP with 7 gears along with ESP and Hill Hold feature. Its pricing is also matching with out beloved Punto, though our Punto doesnt have even 6 gears nor dual clutch gear boxes.

Wonder if FIAT should be in alert from this release.
    1 person likes this.
  4. saurav

saurav Amatore

Fiat developing a 4.0 Litre V-8 turbo diesel engine

Just came around this interesting read. Fiat is mulling developing a 4 Litre, V-8 turbo diesel engine which would deliver a whooping 365bhp of power and 600N-m of torque. How i wish Fiat brings its higher models with these engine options. If not own, atlease would be able to spot these beauties.Fiat developing a V8 turbo-diesel engine - report
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Cheap and idiotic but still No 1

Fiat is going to do what its always done. Just ignore and bask in its own glory . whatever its worth!!

From the time I met the fiat guys at Vecto motors i've been asking them just 1 question.
    "Is it so hard for you to launch another car and continue to build your dealership/service in the background?" and i never got an answer.
    Perhaps they will think twice now.

Secondly in FIATs favor. I personally dont think this will do well in india and that's because of a literal monopoly by a few brands and our emotional buyers consulting rather than test driving a car before they buy one.
    Though this may be a flagship car it still has its nuts and bolts in the VW wagon and that's not a good thing if you ask me because there parts aren't what you call "Cheap" and before you know it people will start looking beyond this.

Look at the maruthi zen sport that was launched ,it didn't do anything great for maruthi.
    Same thing.

PS :: If the car is powerful people address there service and wont buy it, if the car is cheap and service is good people will say there is no performance in it and still wont buy it.
    if all else fails there is always the 48kmpl vehicle up for grabs anyway!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps that might include alot of struggle again in catching up the market assuming that the current generations just goes for performance cars and start ignoring maintaenance costs. :confused
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

- I hope you realize that the TSI is a Petrol engine. So please don't compare prices, the top end 1.4 petrol of a punto is atleast 1.2L less than the POLO TSI. FIAT gives you the T-JET with more power 3 yrs ago when this segment does not know ABCD's about Turbo Petrol's at almost similar price for a "sedan", but no one buys it.

And mind you, 114BHP is not the max the 1.4 Tjet can do, the T-Jet offered here is the detuned version, it can do lot more BHP that what we have here.

- I hope you realize that the 7 Speed DSG on the Polo is a Auto tranny and Auto tranny on a Enthusiast car is like :-( for me personally.

-Lets see what the segment first ESP does. ESP is mandatory in Europe now, so the cost of the technology would have come down drastically, so this is no big deal.

Now people do not realize what FIAT has provided years ago and when some Tom, Dick and Harry comes up with the same thing later people start thinking FIAT is sleeping.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    First let me assure you that i am in no way criticizing FIAT here.

Having said that, the reason i was comparing Polo and Punto is because Polo is a Hatch. So its not really fair to compare it with Tjet which is sedan though cost wise may be same or difference is less.

I am not sure if Tjet can do more in BHP wise. But to the common man who is seeing this will not know unless it is mentioned right?

I am not sure what you meant by Auto Tranny. I am not sure how much the 7 transmission would help here, but i read it is a dual clutch technology. May be VW here will do a mass marketing on this topic and gain more attraction. Even the TeamBHP review thread also emphasis alot on this gear box and the engine.

The Only Reason i was concerned here is because i do not want FIAT to struggle again in catching up with the market in the future. Already they are struggling and i want them to WIN just like every one else here.

May be, but FIAT never made it public like these guys are doing atleast in india right. I know FIAT is way ahead of others in terms of products and technology but to the customers country wide how they shall know? :)
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    FYI, Fiat's 1.4L Multi-Air Turbo generates 160BHP. This is the engine provided with the Abarth 500 in US.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sir i am more oriented towards INDIAN market. I am happy about US/EU progress by FIAT, but yes FIAT has to do more there as well alot in INDIA. :)