1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I've been listening to this song for the past 4 hours. :p

2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @Gurjinder : Thanks for the link. Since Fiat is heavy VIM helps it to get better torque at lower rpm. Here is another link http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/engine/tech_engine_2.htm

I am just curios to know how many cars in India use this now days. It is given in the link that Ford Duratec 2.5 and 3.0 V6 uses VIM. What about the 1.6Duratec ?
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Feeling on a high today.

The Indian cricket team got what they deserved in England.

Bunch of over hyped paper tigers.

Disclaimer- I am an ardent critic of Cricket and firmly believe that it is the root cause for the failure of other sports in India, most noticeably hockey and football.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^ Hohoho! Gurjinder 22ji, we are riding the same boat. I HATE cricket and anything to do with it. Huh! World champs when 4 countries from the sub-continent play it with any seriousness. I'll tell this to all cricket lovers. You should have seen the spectator response to the CWG games last year. Pretty much all disciplines were sold out. I myself attended many of them and the spectator behaviour was impeccable. Imagine a full stadium cheering our hockey team throughout the game even when they were being thrashed by the Aussies 8-0. Few hundred still remained in the stadium for a full two hours to witness the medal ceremony (which we heard was delayed to avoid any issues with spectators) and still cheered the team on a lap of honour for their show in the games.

So its not like there is no public support for other sports. This country can never be a real sporting nation till the time we keep fooling ourselves with glorifying our standing in cricket. Who plays it seriously man?
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    cricket is not more gentlemen sport in india but a gambling.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Gentlemen sport, Haha!

Lets talk about sports for real men. Football, Motor racing anyone? My apologies to all woman folk who are reading this - not for one moment am I suggesting that women are any inferior at sports than men. Just that I can't stand cricket.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Parents will allow their child to enroll in a cricket academy real easy , but would think 100 times if the child says he/she wants to go in a football/hockey academy. Because "there is no future in football/hockey".

It is a vicious circle. Catch 22. Youngsters are not enrolling in these sports like they should and as a result the game is stagnating. Since the game is stagnating , not many see it as a viable option. The circle continues over and over.

Tennis/squash are something different because they are "elite" and it sounds good that a child is playing lawn tennis / squash.

And then there is the money. We all know the amount pumped into cricket. And the amount that goes into other sports.

We should sit up and salute sportspersons like Vijendra Singh, Sushil Kumar, Saina Nehwal, Ronjan Sodhi, Ashish Kumar and the like. They are the real world class people.

Not these "men in blue " with beer bellies who made a huge hue and cry when they won a "WORLD" cup which was fought between 4 countries.

P.S. India have yet again failed to qualify for the Football World Cup. India has never qualified for the World Cup. How many of us even knew that? Yet there would be plenty who know what size trousers MS Dhoni wears. That's the difference.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Just loved what I read nkapoor mentioned above. I thought only I think this way in the cricket crazy country of ours.
    My elder brother has played for Indian soccer team and is a soccer coach today and there is a lot that Indian sports needs to do to bring real cheer to the starved junta that is clinging onto false hopes from the cricket gods.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk