1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh man! I would love to see this happen often. Else Jayanagar RTO clears @ 60-70 candidates test drives in no time!
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Well thats the thing i am worried about although the delay or easyness of clutches varies from car to car. So have to analyse it first time sitting in that car. Hope she/he isnt judgmental.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Another magazine shootout. Another instance of Punto missing.

1359839222_autox-february-2013-1.jpg
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wish me luck folks, off to DL test :)
    Damn wish they did this tests on weekends, hate to take leaves and all :(
  5. Best of luck buddy...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    ALL THE VERRRY BEST !! :traffic:steering
  7. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

\

I wouldn't care less, since I know these are way out of the league of my beast, but what about potential buyers? This autoX seems to be a new entrant in the field, would it have much impact on the masses?
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes Sat thats possible. You can get it done from professionals like Stanly and in Pune one of my friend (Car Cupid) also work on such customization.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Arnab, Herbie
    Thanks guys.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Well here it goes: (Sorry for making it a bit lengthy)
    Around 50 folks for the DL test (Car) and another 20 odd for 2 wheeler test. So around 10ish it started. The in charge guys did finish up 2 wheelers pretty fast. Then come the great car test. But this time instead of 2 test inspectors only one left. The other went away for other Driving skool tests. So from our driving skool we were around 50 odd. This guy who was the in charge used to take up around 20 Minutes per batch of 4 guys. For each and every body he mandated 100 meters of straight driving and reverse parking between 2 cars some times or behind a single car.

So my batch turn up (Batch is just random) and we were the last but one batch for santro. So the guy who sat before me in the driver seat was asked to go a 5 meters straight and take left. He did a bit of frog jumping there. By this time a he got a bit nervous. Then a i10 came in front. This guy in driver seat didnt bother to even put a break. Though he kept honking but he forgot to put a break. Before he gonna bump into the car, inspector just applied break. Then car in front finally moved making way, then inspector asking him to move and take left. After taking left he was pointed to stop infront of the parked ritz car and then do a reverse parking behind the same car. This guy either just didnt undertood what inspector said or he got nervous he did just took a reverse and again about to hit the ritz. So he just stopped and said DONE parking. He was smiling at the inspector and inspector got pissed off and just scribbled some thing in the booklet and gave away.

Now my turn, thankfully it was the smallest task given. I too was asked to do the same thing. So did it in 2 minutes or less and he was happy and said done thanks. Took away the papers to RTO and now i have to wait for around 10 days to get DL since the smart cards are not in stock. Too bad yea..

One take away is, RTO is damn busy hell lot of busy all day every day. So always prefer to finish up your DL driving test a bit late around 12+ so that went u take away the papers for RTO photo and further signing, RTO will be a bit empty. So the huge queue will be shorter and moves faster.

Depends on the inspector. Today few of the inspector was making it a bit more tricky and difficult for folks who cant drive properly.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Means still the DL test is not so hard in India. We should have the strict tests for it. Because of the strict rules & tests only we will start obeying the traffic rules.

From Zen's DL test incidence, the guy who was not able to park the car in reverse might got a DL though he has failed in the test.

As a result we are getting lots of drivers without a normal traffic sense. This is causing more accidents on the roads every day.