1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    can anybody explain how does one fail DL test?
  2. If you dont keep the officers happy(those who are incharge of taking test) you are bound to get failed..this is what happens in kolkata, maybe the scenario might be different in bangalore..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Don't tell me you are going to buy a Ford Ikon and not a Punto, because you learnt in that car. You learnt to drive a car, not a specific model. If you can drive a Ford Ikon, you can drive a Ferrari. Of course may not be like Michael Schumacher in the first attempt, but you can still drive it. There is no need to feel nervous. If you do fail, take that as a lesson learnt and do better the next time.

Give it your best shot.

Rajan
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    AFAIK due to nervousness show while driving, improper handling of Half clutch, not following the traffic rules, Seat belts not worn and finally and very important the test inspector or in charge for that day should be in good feeling. If he had fought with his wife that morning every body are screwed. ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Oh sir, how can you say that i would go for FORD? Even if i had an eye on FORD, it would have been Figo. But i hate that car. It just a kids toy. Not for me. Eventhough the gears, ABC are same in all the cars the rest changes a bit (Example, Indicator is on left in FORD but right on Marutis) so doing a mistake like that i may get failed. I dont know. So just worried a bit on such things. Actually taking a half day leave from work and going there is painful than taking the test again :devil
    Btw thanks :)
  5. In Bangalore nothing to worry for a DL. I still remember 2 years ago my DL test taken at electonic city RTO. I sat in a car for 2 mins . RTO asked to start the car and reverse it on a straight road. RTO signed and asked to finish the formalities like photo taking etc. On the same day, RTO asking other to move straight on the road. No U turn test or anything else.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You are a part of petrol head community and these kind of excuses are embarrassing us all...come on buddy ,be a MAN.
    It is not a drag race competition or billion dollar mars exploration to be nervous. it is as simple as going to bathroom for a shower just carry your shampoo and towel.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Did some one watched Discovery Turbo last night around 9ish? They showed FIAT Dino Coupe. Its around 40 year old car maintained beautifully. This guy travels to Italy from UK to buy this car for like 14K EU. It had v6 Ferrari engine. Sounds like awesome. All through the show he kept saying this car is amazing and was built in memorial of Enzo Ferraris sons death. I actually liked that car. It kinda reminded me off Ford Mustang.
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    So you were watching Wheeler Dealers? It's my favourite programme on Turbo. This particular episode was the first one to be aired of the new series, IIRC.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    AFAIK, Jayanagar 4th block RTO is one of the easiest RTOs to get a licence. Its scary the way DLs are issued over there. You just need to hold the steering. Thats it :shocked I doubt whether they have a test track too! When I went it was just in some bylane for 200 mtrs.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I had my DL test from 4th block.. The inspector was a lady, and she kicked the hell outa everyone there! :D Make sure you don't stall .. or else, better luck next time! :p