1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Today, Class IX and XI students had the Problem Solving Assessment exam. One of the question asked was:

Reading this question, the first thought that came to my mind was of Ravi, our moderator from Bangalore! :D
    5 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @prakhar
    I second that!! :D
    2 people like this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They forgot to add an option for "Never" in the replacement of the car section... :lol

replace.png
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    can you give the link to the specific thread if possible...

cause i remember i had sent you a PM regarding the matter since you had a similar situation..and you had told me...that you got it checked at TASS. They did not know where the problem was.So you ignored it and after a while it disappeared on its own.

so i assumed that mine might be a different issue since it has persisted till now :(
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Here you go :

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/7401-whats-smell.html#post126823

TASS checked out the car and found nothing. The eureka moment came when i happened to witness a new TATA Safari being started in the morning. The exact smell was emitted from it's exhaust as in the case of the Linea. That nailed the cause there and then.

As always - this is my own diagnosis. So treat it accordingly.

I still have that smell when i start the Linea for the first time in the morning.
  7. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    the smell i am talkin about isnt the one which comes exhaust when we start the car ..its happens arbitarily when the car is running and it comes through the AC vent.(when th ac is running!!)
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

That is from the exhaust,isnt it?
    nothing comes from the vents though.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Gurjinderji, both our Puntos too let out a different smell just after start. Its more fumy, me thinks its due to the extra fuel primed by the injectors before start.

There could be another cause too. Check the recirculation flap, its operation of closing and opening, if it is not tight enough you would get the exhaust fumes of the vehicle in front right into the AC vent. Happened to me and the flap was replaced.

If you get that smell even in empty roads with no source of fumes, its a different issue altogether.

Sent from my Cynus T2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dint find any other suitable place to post this. Fiat Canada add for 500, quite unique :)

Fiat-500-Drive-Friendly.jpg
    5 people like this.