1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    The T-Jet is a waste of money IMO. Not because it is not good but because you can spruce up your car without it being a T-Jet. I used Kiirus and the car runs as good as a T-Jet. Bought the car for Rs 7.6L so good savings, though it was before T-Jet launched. My car has an amazing pick up and torque, and better mileage too.
  2. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Being the owner of t-jet+ for last 1 year would wish to know the technical aspects of your comment over underrating the engine which powers cars like Alfa romeo and lancia...eagerly waiting..
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm sure you would've driven the T-Jet quite a bit to make this comment. Can you share your driving experience of the T-jet vs your remapped Linea 1.4. Would be interesting.

Cheers.
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I got a Kiirus tuned Linea 1.4 as well and love the improvements.

However, I wouldn't like to compare it or any other car in the segment with t-jet. Tjet is a whole package and a superior engine. Lot has been shared on various thread on this aspect, so i wont elaborate.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I got the T-Jet for less than that and did not have to spend anything on sprucing it up. Also the car gives me 14 kmpl in city and gave me 17.8 kmpl in the recent Tirpathi drive. If you car performs better than that and gives you better milage, good for you man. Have fun.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I also have a query :

Mercedes diesel engines were melting their injectors. Should i check Multijet injectors before buying?

Kindly reply.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    do you know why we call the punto have great handling... this is one of the reason which comes ABS with EBD.
    EBD also plays a major role before ABS.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Engine parts are some thing cant be totally missed i believe. But i still wonder how ABS could be missed out in that car. But hey today in common man mindset ABS is some thing very important and most people are aware of it compared to the detailed engine parts right. So on that note, i guess what we know its good to just check it out.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I for sure know GP/Lineas do come with ABS + EBD. But wheather they could be missed out accidentally just like in Chevy's case? What can be done to check it out when doing PDI? Perhaps a visiblity check or some thing. Just wondering.. After all safety is highly important!