1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Punto / LINEA has ESP?

FIAT doesn't say/claim that Punto or Linea has ESP. Or it doesn't have.
    I have tried quick manoeuvering in city as well as on highways at reasonable speed(60+). Overtaking with quick right and/or left turn. The stability of the car is amazing and I doubt I would be able to do the same with some others car in the category.

In last week's Autocar show, the anchor was demonstrating the abilities of ESP in a SWIFT in Europe, I think. She was showing how ESP makes a difference. What she showed reminded me what I experience with my Punto.

What is ESP ?
    See this link
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think so Linea/Punto has ESP. Its down to the amazing suspension of Fiats that you were able to perform this maneuver :D. Had it been some other car, it would have been impossible.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Maruti Suzuki has used plastic fuel tanks on the upcoming Swift, replacing the slightly heavier weighing metal tanks. Plastic being lighter, makes the new Swift lighter than its predecessor. The company has tied up with Omnium, a French company which is also the world’s largest manufacturer of plastic fuel tanks. Thus the plastic tanks, weighing 30% less than the metal ones help in lesser fuel consumption. Furthermore, these tanks are also corrosion free, non explosive, easily recyclable and durable

The all new Swift, which goes on sale across 6 variants in August, 2011 will be powered by a 1.2 liter petrol K-Series engine, which will now feature dual VTT technology, boosting the power to 90hp and fuel efficiency to 20 kmpl (from the previous ARAI certified 17.9 kmpl). The diesel Swift uses the 1.3 liter Fiat Multijet engine producing 75hp of power and 190Nm of torque. However there are no changes to the engine but the fuel efficiency has been boosted to 23.8 kmpl (from the previous ARAI certified 21 kmpl). But how did Maruti manage to better the fuel economy of the Swift?
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    It's already in Bangalore, The re tuned the ecu! So, the turbo kicks in early, gearbox changes, and end result is better mileage! :)
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Jishnu paaji , these type of explanations are a trademark of a very popular forum which i do not wish to name.:evilsmile

If we could make the turbo kick in earlier just by 'tuning the ecu' , then guys would never have invented VGT's. :)
    It doesn't work that way.

Cheers!
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    enjoy maadi................(just enjoy)

peg.jpg

muni.jpg

bhaji.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Sorry! I thought the turbo depends on the ecu tuning. I mean the ECU decides when the turbo has to start..
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Turbo is driven by exhaust gas, and that is why you have the turbo lag. First you need to pump out sufficient exhaust gas by increasing the engine rpm to a certain level and then the turbo will start doing its job.