1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Srida, it was really a touching story!!!! Wish you good luck for your Palio hunt and hope you find the same soon.

I second Shams. My friend is driving a 'non KA' registered car in Bangalore for more than a year now without any problem.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Srida was it an S10 or a 1.6 palio painted yellow ? Finding a 1.6 palio wont be that difficult in TN. But getting an S10 would be. But you can always get a palio 1.6 & paint it to Canary Yellow, but you wont get the features of a pure S10. Will check if there is any in Kerala too.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    address proof could be the only concern in this. i am sure agents would have a workaround for such situations
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think it is a bit late for workarounds now. The Palio in question is already sold. :(

Rajan
  5. Thank you. Finding alone is not the only challenge now, I have to convince her that the car is maintained properly and will be trouble free.

The owner says it was a Palio 1.6 Sport which came in the C.yellow from the factory.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You just need to get the name changed in the policy. The policy will be still valid till the expiry of the original policy and you dont need to pay extra after transferring the RC.
    All you need to do is to approach the Inurance company that issued the policy and get the name changed. Govt insurance Cos like NIC charge Rs.50 for insurance transfer.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    in future if he again finds a palio which belongs to a nearby state, he can think on these lines :)

As far as i remember there is a defined period before which we need to approach the insurance company to get owners name changed. I believe its 15 days, not very sure on the duration though. After this duration the existing policy becomes void.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Srida, I will enquire at the Fiat garage opposite my building for an S10 or Palio 1.6 Sport tomorrow. Hope you wouldn't mind buying an AP registered car.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Thank you very much Kiran, that was so kind of you. But AP is too far for me to come up there and do all the formalities like Test Drive, driving down back to chennai. First let me start looking out for the local fiat garages and second dealers in chennai. If I couldn't find one and if the heat still persists I will think about other state. In TeamBhp, a guy from bangalore has put up an Ad for S10. Seems to be a geniune FIAT guy, so maintenance would be good, will be talking to him after my quick search in chennai. Bangalore is kinda close to me to go and come back whenever needed. Thanks Again Kiran.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sorry for being Off-topic. Just to know. Did Palio sport ever came with Canary Yellow ? To my knowledge only S10s came with C.yellow.
    Srida maybe you can start a 'Wanted' thread in TFI or other blogs & I am sure you will be getting a good response.
    1 person likes this.