1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Actually i was pointing at the RoadMap pic posted by Ravi in other thread. There it was shown that a refreshed model in 2013. So i was wondering if its already out coz i thought it would be out by April-May time.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guess i should really really start writing long lines about what i meant in every post :A . Sorry about that!
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Or maybe you should just consider not posting about everything? Just think about it. By your own admission, you are yet to learn driving, yet to own a car and yet to even experience a ride in a FIAT. Do you honestly believe you should be making statements like "amazing build quality"?

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm....Complex mindset..

Just coz i do not own it, not driving it. Doesnt mean i have not sat in it, not felt it, not touched it. :uh Some times a bit of experience can be mentioned in this free world. Yes i am no expert, but doesnt mean i cant say what i have learnt from reading. If it is considered that what i say is wrong, then YOU all are wrong about your views.

If free speech is not allowed for people who do not own car, then this FORUM should be closed or allowed only for owners.

Look dude, i am not here to just pass time, or waste the reasources in any possible manners. I am very much responsible as any one else here is. I am here to learn and preech/talk about what i learnt. Yes i have issues in getting car, thats my pain. You do not have to make fun out of it ok all the time.... :firey
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    We need not go around other forums to enlighten people. If people come to TFI for any queries regarding Fiats, we are always here to support them.
    Fiatians / TFIans at the so called forum would answer if they find a need. Please refrain from posting links to other forums unless they are informative.

The pre-2012 Puntos and Lineas have been upgraded with few additional features and are the new 2012 models. I hope you know what have been refreshed in 2012 models from the earlier ones.

The same 2012 models will again be refreshed and would be released as new versions. We are not yet sure as to what the upgrades or additional features will be.
    Once that has been announced, then you will definitely find threads related to discussions on the same.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    1. He or She may not know about TFI yet because TeamBHP is very famous. I thought of helping indirectly FIAT from that request. Nothing else :)
    2. Ok, apologies about link posting. Did not know that.
    3. Thankyou in understanding my line about refreshed GP 2013 question when every other got it wrong. Yes i know 2012 models enhancements.
    4. I was surprised to see when he mentioned that the new models (refreshed) is already out because 2013 refreshed models are not yet out as per Roadmap.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The same happens with all the manufacturers. VW group have Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche and Bentley in their subsidiary but they don't advertise it bold (whereas the VW talks about the strategy for marketing their other brands Audi and Skoda) and the same happens with Fiat too. So Ferrari is a subsidiary of Fiat but the design, manufacturing and marketing is different for them.

As well things goes like this - the car manufacturer uses the technology of one sister company in another. They don't need to look for a tie-up like Suzuki for technologies. That is where the difference comes.

JLR is now pronounced as Tata JLR and is clearly visible that the Tata cars now started acquiring the technology from JLR (you seen the Safari Storm? Lots of things copied from old LR designs).

And Fiat don't need to be advertised as the parent company of Ferrari as the Fiat is Fiat, the enthusiasts car and Suzuki is the mass market car. The enthusiast will automatically go for Fiat automatically.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Second FIAT'ian in Home but missed the Second FIAT :(

Yesterday I was moved by the words my wife put on me. Just wanted to share it with you guys. I am now in search of a Palio 1.6 Sport / S10 very desperately. The reason and the background follows; I had a chance to own a Palio Sport 1.6 Yellow color. The car belongs to my wife's colleague's husband in Bangalore. In December, My wife got to know they are selling the palio and asked me why not I buy the car for her office driving. I was shocked when she said she wants a 1.6 Sport. I was happy, though my Vitamin M stock was not adequate, I decided to get her the car since she asked for a FIAT. Talked to the owner who was a real nice guy and the deal was finalized. My wife was in her dreams all the day driving the yellow palio to her office, to her mom's house, shopping with her friends etc. The owner told me since the car has to be transferred from Karnataka to tamilNadu, I may need to spend some extra grands and advised me to consult a local RTO regarding this. Somehow got a RTO contact through my FIL and told him the story about the car. But the RTO guy did some calculation and told me if I have to re register in TN, I have to pay Road TAX close to 35 K. Also I was told that after the name change, the current insurance is void and I have to go for a new insurance. I dropped the plan and I told the owner I can't get the car because after purchase I have to spend nearly 40-45 K which will be way too much on our shoulders. My only concern was, with the extra 40-45K I spend, nor the owner neither I get benefited, felt the extra amount spending is not worth. I didn't update her all these days that the car plan was dropped. Yesterday, I called the owner to congratulate him for his New Punto, also he told me he has sold the Palio to his friend. Later in the evening I told my wife about the palio. Believe it or not, her eyes were filled with tears. She went sad and very disappointed.

The touching part was, she said " When you asked for the FIAT 90HP, I somehow rearranged our financial commitments and nodded for it since you were so much in love with that car, but you couldn't do that for me :( It was you who told so much about FIATS, Puntos, Lineas, Palios, S10s etc that I grew so much likings to the fiat and especially Yellow Palio. But you didn't take it serious when I too wanted to drive a FIAT". I even promised her I will surely find her a s10 / 1.6sport, but she is not convinced, because she knows very well about that particular car, how it was maintained, how much the owner cared for the car. She really doubts that it is impossible to find such a well maintained car in Chennai. Like a kid she says "If palio I only wanted that car, if not I will stick to my beloved Santro"

Now I feel very embarrassed and guilty. I realize that being a FIAT'ian, what a blunder I have committed, shattered her dreams. The extra 40 K I hesitated to spend has costed me these words and those tears. I really wanted to buy my wife a Small car from FIAT probably the world value car, but for now, I have to find her a s10 / Palio sport.

Is it a good idea to look for one with the Second Hand car dealers ????
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    5 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I will keep my eyes open for a 1.6 sport / S 10.

Not sure if I should congratulate you for creating a true FIAT lover or reprimand you for letting your better half down. Guess both are appropriate.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    srida, theres no need register the car in TN if you drive it maybe once in six months to karnataka and keep the toll receipts with you. you can tell that you are in chennai temporarily and will go back to bangalore soon if questioned showing the receipts.
  10. Thanks Rajan. And Yes both are appropriate.

You are right, in that case, I atleast should do a name transfer in bangalore for which I need a address proof and i don't know about the other formalities. Also the owner requested me to Re-Register the car in my name.