1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Scandinavian countries are rich and prosperous, but they have their own list of problems.
    I lived in Norway for more than 1.5 years and I know it very closely.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    One of the problem is underpopulation just opposite to our case.
  3. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    On World Human Rights Day, three minor girls were tied to an electric post and beaten up for more than three hours by public after they allegedly stole cash from a tailor's shop in Salem on Monday. Their tormentors decided to take the law into their hands before informing police.

I was extremely saddened to read this news today. Don't know where we are heading towards. I really doubt if we are really living in a civilized society.

Full news - Suspected of theft, 3 minor girls tied to post, beaten up - The Times of India
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  5. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    Even the educated Indian parents believe in giving sadistic punishments to children like in the recent Norway episode. It is so easy to give punishments rather difficult to find reason behind an act
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

ofcourse we don't live in a civilized society :(
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. What is more irritating in that episode is that relatives of those couples seeking the proceedings to be done based on Indian culture. What do they mean by Indian culture? Does Indian culture preach the sadistic treatment to the kids?

Sad but true.
    2 people like this.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Can't help it. I know so many of my own cousins and others who treat their children like slaves. Hit them, give them burns with something hot from the kitchen etc etc just for not doing home work or for being mischievous. They do this because their parents have done this to them and they believe this is the right way to bring up kids. What they don't understand is this will make children more and more arrogant and irritated :(

Indian culture it seems! :A
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good god. Even the fact that they are girls didn't stop the mob from beating them. I hope the "intelligentsia" of India decides to take a good hard look at these pan-India episodes before hypocritically denouncing any other society as barbaric.
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai