1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Akshay: Yes, same goes for upper grill too.
  2. I found this pic in this month's autocar india magazine, page number 25[petrosexual] His name is Mr.Ranjit pratap, Managing Director of Rayala Corp Pvt.Ltd.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

i can remove upper grill without removing the bumper:)
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

But for that you have to remove the 4 + 2 nuts on top and bend bumper slightly to remove it. Which is not advisable. Atleast thats how i saw one linea getting it replaced.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    That's very good observation! I too read that column when I got the November issue at the start of the month, but didn't notice it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Don't know about the upper grill but I saw TASC mechanic replacing the lower grill in my Linea without removing the bumper.

BTW, quite sometime back, somehow, the upper grill in my Linea became loose with the top most lids broken where the bolts are fitted to fix the grill with body. I did not want to change it just for that. So when I was at Fortune (I think during 60K kms), I asked them if they can fit it with some jugaad else I'll do it thro' my driver. Fortune did it and did it exceedingly well.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

In that case, it was super expertise of my TASS mechanics, who are very smart to open up all the things that they can to prove that it was a big job and calls for higher service charges :p
  8. I'm in Chennai now, and my Fiat is with my in-laws, esp my bro-in-law who hasn't gotten off the Fiat's wheel for a week. My wife's uncle n his wife have arrived from USA, there they drive a Merc n a BMW. But now they're in love with the Fiat, my wife told me over the phone. Mind you, they are yet to drive it, it's their perception as mere passengers. They may not get the first hand experience of driving it, cuz they dont have a license to drive here.

I was at the peak of pride listening to this over the phone. Just couldn't contain it, that's why I posted this.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am yet to get a Fiat like driving experience in USA. :)
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

I can understand you are missing the service center visit every month :p ;)
    3 people like this.