1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

At Amruta garden...lunch Done yesterday...
    I seen one Gao registered Mjd punto at hotel parking area...
    Small accident happen :( car smashed to one street Dog...No Damge to Bumper...Full report , after I comes to Mumbai...( typing on mobile is difficult)

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

and one shocking update for me...at MID avg. Shows 15.5 km/l after 350 kms highway run and avg speed 60km/hr.
    1 person likes this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

So bad man, so bad...Your friend should feel so bad. Thats why we shouldn't hand over our cars to newbies

btw how do you feel the figo when compared to the punto?
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah first day ,new car,bangg!!!!!!!!!!

naveen,
    Trust me,punto is not at all costly car as compared to the features offered by FIAT.
    My friend was limited upto 6 Laks hence found the Ford better than Chevy Beat or anyother car.FIAT was never considered due to cost.

Coming to drive and handling,Punto is way far ahead than Figo.

Punto is class apart,the steering feel,the seating,the way dashboard is placed,the shoulder driving... its almost having sedan features,when my friend sat in my car he came with words "Bahut badi gaaadi hein rey" its a big car. Let get proud with this comment from my friend "Baddae log Baddi gaaadi" :D

Our both the cars were parked in the office.The parking was empty and silent and there i explained him the Thud sound of Punto with the echo effect,he gone mad. :D

While driving Figo you can easily feel the build quality,man no fun at all to drive as we are habbit with our tank build punto.coming to 'turbo lag' i felt Figo is almost similar to Punto.Things might have been different if it was highway drive.Driven along bumper to bumper trafic of pune.

P.S :- The other day i have driven my punto on NH-4 from Kolhapur to Pune with the cruising speed of 140 Kmph.
    1 person likes this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Before Punto I haven't owned any other nor driven any. I learn't driving many years back on a Padmini and had zero driving experience after that. when I decided to buy a car I thought, Let me take test drives and learn driving again. So it means I didn't know driving at all and have to take a TD. The first car I TD'd was a BRIO. I literally fell in love with the car. It was so easy to drive. Then I started taking TD's of other cars. Out of all the cars, BRIO,FIGO,BEAT etc I found Punto the most difficult to drive and thats because the car was too big,the dashboard was too far away and the car was heavy :D After getting the Punto and putting 9000 kms on it I understand that only experienced drivers know how to drive a FIAT :)

But ganges, I guess FIGO doesn't have any lag as compared to Punto if I'm not wrong. The car was very light,zippy and fun to drive.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine also first car,learnt driving on my punto. :)

lag is there and i have felt it in traffic but better than punto.zippy peppy everything is in Swift ;)
    when it comes to traffic drive of our punto's, its lazy bull.... :mad:
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    this is very bad news.. why people are asking for a spine when they don't know how to drive?????

I never gave my keys to the person I know as a bad driver.

If sometimes my cousins are asking me for keys & i know they are with my parents or with my uncle then i have to request them that "Please bring my car in one piece..."

Please don't give your car's key to anyone who don't know driving or don't take anyone's car's key if you are not confident about that car.... As this is the matter of emotions.....
    2 people like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Before Punto I owned Punto :), jokes apart I owned 1.2 Punto Emotion and now I own Punto 90hp.
  8. Honestly figo is not meant for large people..When we were having test drive and my wife was driving,it was very very very uncomfortable to sit in the passenger side,when said this to the SA he was like sir average indians are of height 5.5'',so this car is made by keeping in mind of India's requirements...The car is nice to drive in city,but on highways upto hundred it does fine but after that it struggles a lot...We took atleast 4 test drives in Figo,but still other than the price nothing attracted us...

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Whose car smashed on to the dogs??
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Was listening Maruti Ritz advt on 94.3 FM. The advt claimed that Maruti provides "bullet proof service". I could not understand what it meant, may be that they will not service Ritz even you fire bullets!
    My friend serviced his Ritz in a Maruti ASS in Malappuram,Kerala. On the third day, when he was driving to Bangalore with family, engine oil started leaking and the car showed "low engine oil" warning. Being Puja holidays time, there was no response from the MASS toll free number. He somehow managed to drive to the nearest service station, where they declared that the oil filter they replaced during service was not MGP, and the Ritz oil filter was not available. They recommended using M800 filter for the time being and continue the drive! He had no other option but to follow thier advice and continue the drive.
    What I am trying to say is, TATA is not the only one who gives crappy service. While we shout on our roof-tops, other car owners simply suffer, and still claim that thier service is bullet proof!
    2 people like this.
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Our Punto....:( Number Plate Broken !!!
    Just came from Trip !!! This time ( return ) milege is 15.3 Km/l and avg speed 63 km/hr and Max Speed touch both time 120km//hr ...
    I mostly Maintain Speed between 100-110 km/hr !!

Can Anyone tell me whose this car ?? MH 43 AN 43 ??