1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Nobody visits Maruti site. Everyone knows everything about Maruti. They will see atleast 60% cars as Maruti in their residence societies or road or office parking etc. Most of the Maruti buyers have gone to Maruti either by their perception or by word of mouth. But, I am sure lots of people are interested in FIAT, VW etc. But, they doubt their capabilities and hence, they visit such websites.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Members from South India can you please let me know if it is possible to carry my Punto to Andaman Nikobar by ferry.

Ferry is available from which city and where A & N.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To my knowledge, it should be possible but may be a costly affair. Should be possible from Chennai.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i was driving down from Hyd to my home place on NH-9,it was tuesday morning slight raining all over Nh-9,i was doing @80 Kmph that too on left lane.My Punto killer was accomodated with me and my bro son we were enjoying the drive with nice music.
    i have habbit of seeing rear view mirror for every 15-30 secs and my bro son have habbit of seeing in the left OVRM to check if any racing or sports car coming to have some fun ;) .
    i was slowly overtaking a heavy loaded truck i crossed 90 Kmph then came this new SUV with no registration and accomodated with family,he kept on honking,flashing i never got clue how to give him side.then after passing myselves the truck waived him with indicator he stared and passed away.
    Then the fun started,i kept on chasing him... when he was 90 Kmph i was 80 Kmph... when he was 110 i was 100 Kmph... when he was 130Kmph i was 120 Kmph... and then finally overtook him and my bro son gave a punch in air to that SUV.and i saw that beautiful SUV in my rear view mirror... after few Kms i allowed him to overtake again.he was overtaking each and every car on the road.
    later again kept chasing him,i was behind him then flashed light 3-4 times and honked him number of times and overtook him then never saw him in my rear view mirror.

The point here is the dynamics/handling/steering response, third gear(its rocket launcher kindoff) of my punto its simply awesum.the tires are 38K Kms old, changed the brake pads just before the trip.
    i wonder what was the SUV driver thinking(The untold story about FIAT cars :D) about FIAT and my punto ,as all through from hyd he kept on overtaking Figo.Indica's,Swift and innovas

It's always safe in Punto and proud to be owner of this stylish italian.

P.S:- Renault Duster ::V
    1 person likes this.
  5. Always drive safe,its good to have fun like these sometimes...Whatever point our Fiat's make on road,people(non fiat owners) never get the point...
    1 person likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    No damage or scratches on the wall. Yes he was damn lucky :) but the linea was done 96k kms. The internals of MJD engine are very strong.

I just wish there would have been some alternate to EGR.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Wish we could block it. But it's easier said than done on these electronic gizmo engines. I believe the ECU map takes into account the exhaust gases and i've even heard it cools down the charge in the cylinder. So blocking it might actually be non-beneficial.

The local FIAT expert once remarked very funnily about the EGR - He said "sir the engine feels the same way with EGR as person who has a pipe going from his backside straight to his mouth".
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Did anyone notice TFI in FB sponsored advts?
    Saw this today.
    tfi on FBpng.jpg
    5 people like this.
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just came to know from a friend that the cost of just 2 fog lamps of Nissan Sunny costs a whopping 27000!!!! And i was thinking 4500 worth fiat fog lamps are costly !!! i m sorry fiat !!
    No wonder they can give these cars at such low price at the beginning,they are milking their customers after that very nicely. Service interval of nissan is 10k kms or 6 months whichever is early and the cost of each service is 5000 minimum , made to change oil n everything for every service !! poor guys !
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Reduce the car price and increase the parts price. Same is what VW is doing. One may choose not to buy an expensive car. But once he buys a car, he is bound to pay for the parts at some point.