1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Did not know which thread to put this on.

Funny car names

FIAT: Failure in Italian Automotive Technology.

FORD: For Only Rough Drivers.

HYUNDAI: Hope You Understand Nothing’s Drivable And Inexpensive.

VOLVO: Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object.

PORSCHE: Proof Of Rich Spoiled Children Having Everything.

KIA: Kills In Accidents.

OPEL: Old People Enjoying Life.

TOYOTA: The One You Only Trust, Always.

HONDA: Hanged Over, Now Driving Away.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Not one but 4 new cars from the Volkswagen group were caught testing India. The biggest news is that of the Jetta as a complete new model will replace the current Jetta. Goa on Wheels was one of the first to post the launch of the all new Jetta in India.

The New Passat, new Jetta, Vento 1.4 and slightly masked Yeti and Superb were caught testing.

From the images it is clear that the Jetta will get a 2.0 common rail diesel engine in India. VW India may not strap in the Bluemotion diesel as it could result in a higher price tag.

The Jetta gets the latest family look with a 3 line grille and the VW badge in the centre. We expect the car to get all the features available on the current model in addition to reverse parking sensors, steering controls with Bluetooth, more comfortable rear seats and more refinements.

We expect the car to hits the roads in July or early August. Pricing could be more on the upper side with the diesel starting at Rs. 15 lakhs.

The Vento 1.4 could be the answer to the new Verna and the Ford Fiesta Classic. We hope VW plonks in the 1.4TSI which could be a delite as it is a very fuel efficient engine with out compromising on power.The Yeti 4×2 could be the answer to boost sales of the Yeti which showed a lot of potential but failed to translate in numbers.

Skoda may just give some spice to the Superb with the launch of the top of the line L&K variant.

VW is certainly on a roll as far as new models launches are considered in India.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My bed shaked a bit about half an hour back. I realized that its a minor earthquake. But since there is always a chance of bigger tremor, I got up at once and started picking up my FIAT OEM Ash tray that I had taken out from my car as I had to click its pic and send to Srikaratluri. :p

Fiat is now in the blood. :)
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Americans mocked FIAT as "Fix It Again Tony" when FIAT 500 was first launched in the US.
    May be a paradox that the same FIAT had to come to bail out Chrysler!
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Volkswagen Could Bring In Vento 1.4 TSi

Volkswagen could be considering bring in its latest Twincharger technology in the Vento. The German automaker has been extensively testing Vento’s across Maharashtra, which look visually the same as all other Ventos. We even got inside the car to make out the difference but couldn’t as the interiors very unchanged. However, we did not get a peak-a-boo under the hood and are now wondering if Volkswagen is testing a new engine on the Vento. The 1.4 TSi motor can give a much needed boost in power to the Vento, whose current 1.6L petrol motor lacks the high end grunt you would expect out of a 1600 car.

Now most of you would be pondering over what the TSI motor is all about. First things first, this engine features petrol direct injection, a turbocharger and a supercharger. This ensure the engine produces low end torque at low speeds, with the mechanically driven supercharger. When you get on to higher speeds, the turbocharger takes over and gives you power equivalent to a 2.0 liter naturally aspirated motor. Power could be boosted to 178 bhp, which is really not required for our roads. Maybe a 130bhp output from the 1.4 TSi would be more than sufficient for the car.

Petrol prices are rising faster than you can blink and the TSi motors biggest advantage lies here. The innovative engine offers real world fuel efficiency of 16 kmpl. This is a rought 50% better than the existing Vento which would make the Vento a hot favourite with petrol enthusiasts, who love power but don’t want to burn a hole in their pocket. The Volkswagen 1.4 TSi engine also won the engine of the year award last month in the 1.0-1.4 liter category.

Competitor for our LINEA Tjet :)

Source:-
    http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volks...-vento-1-4-tsi/comment-page-1/#comment-402142
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Awesome pics. Great share Kedar bhai. The first pic of the HHB Punto going sideways is pure p**n.

Seems like this guy is someone like 007 - Licence to thrash :D . He's moving around in the car too much , otherwise he would've looked cool sitting there.

Gurjinder.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I came across a Bentley Continental GT yesterday at the tyre shop for changing all the tyres. It had 275 35 R20 Pirelli tyres which costed just 55,000, a piece. 4 tyres costs just an Alto. It is owned by some big shot mine owner in Karantaka and Andhra. And the driver is paid 50,000. Why did I ever become an engineer !!:uh
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Pran, it is much easier to become an engineer than to become the driver of a Bentley in India. Did you talk to the driver of that car? He might be an engineer himself :)