1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GPS Time Query

i was trying my new mobile KARBONN A18's system date and time.i have seen the option of update time as provided by GPS ,hence decided to use this.
    So tried to check with this feature,i have set the time one hour back and turned ON the GPS and enabled the setting of update time as provided by GPS its more than 10 mins ,the time is not getting updated as per our time zone.
    have anyone tried this ;) ?
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Honda seems to have said before that, Indian diesal is of poor quality for car engines.

So, are they going to supply the diesal too with engines?
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    did their engines fail because of poor quality diesel sold in india? FIAT engines didn't...
    Honda might want to install a portable refinery in their cars/engines. An Idea Can Change Your Life!
    3 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    They are funny guys. Wonder how Innova engines went past 5+ lakh km's without any issues using the poor quality diesel. Not to forget our so called National Engine.

BMW have even brought their little monster 313bhp 640 NM 3 litre diesel to India.

Maybe Honda's engine is too fragile to run on anything apart from European quality air and fuel. :evilsmile :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Strange. GPS is used for positioning only & I dont understand how it could update your time. Usually time is synchronised with the service provider only AFAIK.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju,
    this is what i too felt strange, mostly GPS time synching done on the network by network provider using NTS system,hence can use the network provider time :)
    But,
    i can see two different options to select the date and time:-

Use network provided time(have checked with this and it works perfectly!!!)
    Use GPS provided time :confused
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    GPS (Global Positioning System) is a satellite navigation system to determine accurate location and time. It was developed by the U.S. Department of Defense, and is widely used today for both navigation and time synchronization. Something new which I am aslo learning.
    Read this:- GPS FAQ
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Gps can provide you only coordinates of position and time zone , it needs data from local provider or data should be already in the system.
  9. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)

Like this Idea - We can Sell it..VINY
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    what i can understand from this option is set the system(mobile)/date time as per our time zone and then select the GPS provided time,which adds or subs and keep on correcting the time i.e sych with gps for accurate time.
    Today i will set system date time and then will enable the GPS provided time and will check after 2 or 3 days for the difference in time w.r.t my personal PC or my wrist watch :)

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Mahindra Quanto

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/HjTZbqTs_zE?rel=0&hd=1&wmode=transparent[/video]Mahindra Quanto
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012