1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    But FIAT thinks market is moving away from powerful engines...Wondering in which market would Honda sell these 1.6s!
  2. sungoa2010

I suspect the delay in 1.6 MJD may be to escape from some agreement with TATA. They may not want to share the 1.6 engine with TATA.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

But before that MSIL will launch SX4 with 1.6 MJD engine aur hum log dekhate baithenge and after one year of launching SX4 1.6 MJD FIAT will wake up to launch 1.6 MJD Linea. Tab tak to Linea ka gome over ho gaya rahega.
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    what about 6 speed gearbox and auto?
    At least What about trying a hot hatch punto tjet in India ?

Is that too being delayed out of fear !

Well,be afraid, good luck !

If Somebody wants to take lesson for demotivation it should be from fiat !

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Tata per se as a growing manufaturer would be keenly interested in new technology and knowhow but fiat can cut an equally profitable deal and make a market out of it.
    so far Tata has been highly supportive and helping fiat to survive in India otherwise who else was major consumer for fiat mjd ?
    I agree market has moved from cast iron to lighter aluminium one but power and performance demand has been ever increasing.

I cant figure out anything but this strategy is dumping dated inventory into second or third world country and making a fortune out of it.

Most probably fiat will continue using us as a money making "recycle bin" for future too.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Money making recycle bin :)

Jayadev you are correct. I saw FIAT cars and technology here in UK. The quality which we can see in our dreams only in India and Twin and Multi Air technology is simply superb.

Punto which is available in India is discounted globally in 2006 and except India all of them have Punto EVO.

And Fiat is saying no new cars till 2014 :lol what a joke.
  6. Maybe FIAT will surely launch some other model,they just dont want to let the secret out(as FIAT is being bought only by Fiat lovers,so if fiat announces the launch of some other car,then the existing models wont sell at all..)
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    An excerpt from one of the recent interview from Mr. Ravi Bhatia.

Q: Do you plan to launch 1.6 MJD or 2.0 MJD?
    A: The world is changing rapidly and are moving away from more powerful engines. What's becoming of the market is, that they are looking for less powerful, more efficient and cleaner engines. So, no plans of 1.6 or 2.0 MJD as of now.

Q: Do you have any new launches in the near future?
    A: As of now NO.
  8. sungoa2010

When World is changing why they are giving 1.6 MJD to turkey and Brazil. The same logic is applicable there.
    Other thing is instead of a 1.4 Fiat should give a smaller turbo engine. Why they are sticking with 1.4 engine to Punto.
    There is no logic in Mr. Ravi Bhatia's argument
    3 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The top management always gives funny excuses to ignore questions related to the 1.6.

At the January 2012 Launch event, i'd asked Mr. Kapoor the same question and he said if they put the 1.6 in the Linea, it will step in the Cruze segment. I had no reply to that incredulous answer!

No 1.6, No Dualogic.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    My HUD using an android app in my phone called "NAVIER". Just download the android app in your phone and you are ready to go.

7 people like this.