1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Auto check control- FIAT Punto and Linea come with an advanced system. Normally if any bulb fuses in a car, you won't come to know but Punto/Linea give warning message on MID. e.g. Check number plate light, if the rear number plate bulb gets fused or "check headlight bulb" if front headlight bulb gets fused. Similar warnings for many other things like engine oil, external temperature etc. If you are driving and external temperature gets close to zero, MID displays a warning "Chances of ice build up on road. Drive carefully". :clap

All 4 auto down power windows- Punto/Linea have auto down on all 4 power windows while the driver door is auto up as well. Other cars just come with auto up and auto down on driver side door only. So while you will have to keep the power window button pressed as long as the window is rolling down in other cars, in FIATs you just need to press the button for half to one second and release it, the window will go down to its max limit automatically. :clap

Speed sensitive front wipers- You have off/intermittent/low/high speed mode for front wipers. In intermittent mode, the wipe frequency of wipers adjusts automatically depending upon the speed of the vehicle. Ifthe speed increases, wipe frequency increases and vice versa. :clap :clap
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Thank you for clarifying...:clap:clap

Having an emotion pack I was not familiar with the terminology being used but now its fine........ :uh:uh
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  4. our forum is far better and better classified than the forum there.
    it is looking wierd for my eyes.
    there is no news on our grande punto there though
  5. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes even I also noticed that....
  7. one final doubt and a small inclusion to be made

1) Doubt- do we have rain sensors in front wipers cos i havent seen slow or fast wipes when wiper switch is in 1st on position on rainy days and i also clarified from the SE and he said that Skoda has this but not seen in any Fiat vehicles.

2) Inclusion - GP has rain sensors in the back which I dont know whether other cars have.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Romsi, there are no rain sensors in Punto, Linea or any other car below 10 lacs in India. Chevrolet Cruze has rain sensors in LTZ variant that costs Rs13 lacs ex showroom. Rain sensors basically turn on the wipers and close sun roof (optional) automatically if they detect rain/moisture.

What Fiat Punto and Linea have are speed sensitive intermittent wipers, i.e. they adjust their wipe frequency within the intermittent wipe range according to the speed of the car.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Romsi

1. It's a function of the speed that the speedometer is showing . The speed of the wipers varies with the speed of the vehicle and the input should be the speedo reading.

2. I think you're referring to the auto switch on of the Punto rear wiper when you put in reverse, when the front wipers are working as well.
    That also takes input from the reverse gear switch and whether the front wipers are on or off.

Gurjinder
  10. Thanks guys for the clarification..... :)