1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

This punto a jet,it's the abarth

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nitninja, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Sir, I think the Corrupt ARAI is giving Certificate of Mileage. how they check the mileage is no one knows. they are very generous to give unbelievable mileage figures to Hyundai. in Real World Hyundai FE is not as what they claimed.
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Congratulations. Excellent Selection

>> Second gear maxes out at around 90 I think.i had done 190-195 kmph in a closed air strip and that's the max abarth can do I think

Understatement, I think Abarth should do 210+, not easy. I have done 210 on my Linea. 195 is XUV500, Drive safe these were done in closed roads, not advisable!
    prabhjot and mangeshtendulkar like this.
  3. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    i had an i20 petrol and it used to give abysmal figures when driven similarly.Arai favours few manufactures friend, even the car reviews.
    ha, you made me happy.im really surprised about the figures you are quoting.If i remember, 195 kmph was close to 6k rpm and i couldnt push it further, maybe more roads would have told me a different story.

did some damping on the front doors and boot lid using dampmat.cost came around 6k for these.Boot lid was fully covered with dampmat.

Picture for reference as to how it looks when door pads are stripped.

image.jpeg
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi NitNinja, Congrats from my side on your drive. I would like to clarify if this model is the Abarthified T JET or is it the MultiAir Engine.
    If it s the regular Linea TJEt with different Mapping, could you please share us your observation on the dip stick level. I am reading the previous generation FIRE 1.4 were famous to sip oil more than usual 400gm for 1000km. If that s the case can you provide us a light on this by checking your stick when the engine is cold and post that pic here if it s not tough.
  5. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    hi there.Mine is the t-jet engine abarthified as 1.4 engine doesnt have a turbocharger.My car had drank some oil when it was 5000 kms old, had to top up around 200 ml i think.In this period i had redlined numerous times, will upload the picture soon.
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Niranjan nice to see you here. Very nice updates and the mileage figures. Keep revving.
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations on your new buy buddy. Punto Abarth in White is real stunner!! Its great to see such mile crunching in a short time. Its always a fun driving fiats in Highways, perhaps that could be one reason why we all strive to ride our cars more often out on highways :D

Well as far as the rusting issue is concerned beware of it and try spotting as much as possible. Mine had serious rusting issues on few places where I had missed to notice them. With careful eyeing I could find even more hidden places where rusting was visible clearly. Fortunately within a year of buying it I could get painted within a warranty. With that sore experience just a word of caution mate.

Post some more pictures of your beauty. Happy revving & safe driving!! :)
  8. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    thank you bharath.thanks a lot.your palio looked stunning yesterday.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2016 ---
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Coming from volkswagen, i just couldnt believe fiats could rust.Even now the polo doesnt have any rust spots after 3 years which is just wow whereas im bit skeptical about the situation of this fiat after years of usage.thanks brother.

Coming to the car, it has clocked 11000 kms soon.Im expecting the running to be less in the forthcoming months.Abarth is running beautifully now.The rubbery gear shifts have now become better and is ok as of now.hope it stays the same way.Planning on painting the red accents on bumpers to black.

Had a fun meet on sunday.Now here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Do I see you chatting with the Hyundai guy on the road? Pls avoid having a conversation on the road while driving, can prove to be dangerous?

I can understand that the Hyundai guy was interested in the Abarth, but don't encourage violation of traffic rules.
  10. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @ghodlur i understand your concern brother.Photos were clicked in a closed empty stretch i think and my friend was driving the car.will anyways pass the message to him.:)
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.