1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

This punto a jet,it's the abarth

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nitninja, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @@nitninja Congrata man! Wish you many more happy miles!
  2. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yes it's h4 and thanks for the suggestion my friend.will change in some months as I have to reap the investment I ve done on osram.

My number plate is fused.it does show on mid that check number plate light.

Even when tried changing the pilots and number plate light, it showed the same error, but after installing the pilots to stock bulbs errors were gone except for the number plate light as the stock one got fused.

Exactly.I tried changing to normal leds and it threw up the error.guess will have to buy error free leds like in vw and Skoda

Thanks a lot my friend.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2016 ---
    For the error I have a picture to explain.

IMG_20160208_211341.jpg
    Ganges likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nitninja
    Thanks buddy for the image, I have already placed an order for H4 LED 45W with device driver in aliexpress waiting for the same now,lets see. Regarding the check number plates Im already living with it :D eventhough the LED's are error free, but the parking LEDs which are error free is working fine. So all error free led's are not error free, its all about luck.
    Hope you are smoking abarth on all terrains.
    asimpleson and kedarbendre like this.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    i haven't got any error message after i switched into projectors.
  5. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    luck has always been luck for me.thanks sir.its time we smoke everything.

i think the errors pop up due to wattage difference or resistance.since you have jus changed to hids and watts mighbe the same , so the error might not have come.

A pic for your taste buds

image.jpeg
    Naughty, Ravi_M, Saji Babu and 10 others like this.
  6. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    punto has covered 8500 kms in a span of almost 2 months, had to attend a relatives marriage today.

image.jpeg
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congo bro,
    I haven't TD this car, but have read about it, and in your thread I found 3 things which were never expected by me.
    1) Double digit FE at the speeds you mentioned.
    2) Car under body doesn't scrape despite decreased GC as compared to earlier punto.
    3)rust issue, I hope it's not that serious.

Mefeels, at their showrooms, fiats should rather start a self drive rent a car bussines just like zoom car or girikand cars,where if you are more than 25 year old, you can rent a car with full tank on hourly basis, you have to return the car with full tank.
    Thus potential buyers would be able to understand what one can't during TD. And this would help them improve sales figures.
    nitninja and gpunto75 like this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    it seems like you are living in your car only. you are a true Petrol Head. if my family is obsessed with boot otherwise i would have brought this beast eyes closed.
    nitninja and Raj_pol like this.
  9. nitninja

nitninja Timido

Neyveli/chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    even while checking the mileage today at speeds around 120, mileage is 13. I was expecting around 10 when buying. Though gc looks decreased, it doesnt scrape under full load whereas my vento does.Rusting only time can tell sir.

My family still hates me for getting this, but a turbocharged engine in a hatch is a deadly combo.Driving pleasure is what mattered to me more than practicality afterall we are enthusiasts.

A picture

image.jpeg
    Deepak, hydrofuel, PradeepM and 15 others like this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Wow,! Mefeels that's the Best FE figures for the given specs & build quality of the car,
    Fiat should rather use this as an advt on "kitna deti hain" front., but they won't, afterall why they would like to loose their
    " Italian arrogance " just to advertise the real life FE?
    I own a Skoda Rapid which also use to scrape it's underbody despite 3 mm more GC than Vento
    After driving & owning VAG cars, fiats (both UNO & AVVENTURA)& your GC & suspension experience , I can say that Italians are best suspension makers in the world & Germans might be best engine makers in this price range.
    We need to have a comparison between Abarth & 1.5GT to conclude.