1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

This is Kunal from gurgaon The Proud Punto owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kunal, Jul 7, 2010.

1. kunal

kunal

Gurgaon
    :car Hi all ,

Its nice to see you all at once place. What I like best ..well its your love for Fiat Car. Let me tell my part of story. Im 27 and single I put up in gurgaon and work for Cisco systems . I was never been Fiat fan. This Punto 1.3 Mjd is first from fiat family. Prior to this I was driving SX4 which is still with me.

The story starts when I started looking for a sensible Diesel Hatchbag . And The only sensible option available was Maruti swift vdi. But After driving SX4 I didn't wanted to sit in a cabin which feels downgrade version of SX4. ( As we all know how similar are the interior of maruti's cars :) .. The second choice was Tata indica qudijet which I never wanted to have because of its fit and finish. i20 diesel by then was not in market. Honda jazz attracted me alot but 1.2 L petrol and that too for 7.5 L was never a sensible deal. I was about to buy swift when I saw this Italian beauty in showroom. The sales man told me that its launched 2 days back. I have gone through car and didn't like the interior at first go . Though I was impressed with their regular servicing claim of after 30k km which they later changed to 15k Km . Anyways I thought to give it a try and I went for a test ride. The first impression after ride was not impressive as I feel Fiat version of 1.3 Mjd sluggish compared to Maruti swift ddis engine. The only thing impressed me was high toque at low rpm even in top gear and shockers we like I was floating on road.

But these were not impressive factor for me to fixed my decision . Hence I decided to go for another Swift and jazz test drive. Both were good and felt peppy . Specially swift. But then I tested Swift for low torque and I saw it struggle at top gear at low rpm. On the other hand jazz struggle to pull Secondly I always wanted to have diesel as I love outdoor travel in weekends.

Maruti people told me I have to wait for at least 4 month and I honestly don't wanted to wait that long. Hence I decided to go for another test drive for Punto 1.3 mjd and guess what this time with low on expectation I loved this car. I end up booking the car with the promise from salesman that I will get it in 8 days.

After a sweet 15 days wait I had got my Punto (red). :razz: And I simply fall for this car. And since then I started loving it more as I get familiar with it .

The point is ..love for fiat car happens with time and it grow day by day. Today I'm proud to be a punto owner and I love this car more then my previous love ( Sx4) .You won't believe but I honestly stop using my sedan.

I'm carrying this car with company fitted equipment . I just added leather seats from Autoform and K&N air stock filter.

Happy driving Punto ..!!!!!!! :car

Kunal :dance
  2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Nice write Up. That wht all about Punto is, once you drive it, you fall in love with it.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Heartiest welcome to you and your Fiat Punto to Team Fiat. Post your Punto's photographs, please.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Welcome aboard Kunal.

Ask Amit. Like you he also owns Punto & SX4 :mrgreen:
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Welcome to the Fiat world. You have gifted yourself the best hatch back and you'll never regret your decision. Hey do share the pics.