1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

This is happening now in Bangalore!

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by MelsonLewis, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Sad, especially if you are inclined to 'help' people...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, one IT employee saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it.

For whatever reason, he did not stop, even though he had all kinds of thoughts running through his head. But when he got to destination, he called the Police and they were going to check it out.

But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

"Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead.

If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 080100

AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN,DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATERBECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THENFORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Guys recently When I was driving at 2 AM on outer Ring Road (after Eco Space) Bangalore, I saw a man carrying a child in the rain and asking for lift. I slowed down my car but then again got scared so I moved on.

I din't stop because, it suddenly flashed to me that, that night it had started raining from 10 or 11 and why would the man stand on the ring road with a baby at 2 when it was still raining. First of all there is no means of transport in bangalore at that time, if he was in a rick or a bus why would he stop in the middle of the road when it was raining and over that when he had a baby in hand.

Guys be carefull, not just in Bangalore. Can happen anywhere especially at nights. Well other than Mumbai I think other cities are scary. Mumbai I personally feel is a lot safer. (P.S: I am not from Mumbai, I am from Bangalore, this is what I personally feel).
  3. This is very good MSG for ALL PEOPLE..
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This exact same thing was happening on Mumbai-Pune expressway too
  5. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for informing people like us who are staying in Bangalore for Job.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I don’t know how far true is the egg-throwing story, but I have read this several times in the last 2-3 years, some call it a hoax.
    Problems are there in the Marathalli-Sarjapur road stretch, and also on the intermediate ring road, not just during night time, even in day broad light. I don’t want to repeat the black pulsar with kannada no plate story again as most of us in Bangalore may be aware of it already. They mostly target IT employees. They will have a laptop and credit card for sure.
    In my previous company, several people have faced this issue. One employee had to drive very fast into the office compound. The safety and security team asked him not to take out his car for a week. Sometimes it’s a bike following you claiming you have caused an accident and have to pay some amount at the hospital. Once you stop, they demand money and take all the valuables including laptop, mobile phone etc. If you don’t have any cash in hand, they ask you to go to the nearest ATM and withdraw all the money in the account.
    Bangalore police has formed a special team to nab these goons. The team has police officials from HAL, HSR, Koramangala etc.
    Here are couple of police contact numbers I always keep handy:

Cheetah patrol:09902660986
    Rajesh(SI, HSR PS) 9448448833

When driving in the night on the ring road, I never stop whatever I see on the road. It may be an accident look-alike or a bike fallen near a speed breaker. There are several speed breakers on the outer ring road. It is not that I don’t have any sympathy for some one suffering, but my safety comes first. I just don’t stop and always take the middle lane.
    3 people like this.
  7. Some of these incidents have happened to a few of my colleagues too.

Don't stop for anybody. If somebody tries to block your way with their bike, check your door locks, roll up your windows and keep moving slowly. Hit and push the bike out of the way if you have to. You will get some damage, but if you stop it can be a lot worse.

I'm also thinking of carrying a pepper-spray or a taser/stun device (are they legal?). Anybody know where I can get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Carrying a deo would serve as dual pupose ... :mrgreen: :mischievous

Its cheap and easily available ::O ,,,

bt nvr keep a deo can inside the car .... chances of burstin due to heat ... :firey
  9. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It really helps everyone in this forum. Thanks a bunch :)
  10. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Melsonlewis! Very useful information. I haven't heard of such incidents in Hyderabad.

But, one of my colleague faced one such issue (long back around 3 years back) on bike. He was driving home at late hours. around 11PM or 12PM. He takes the route of LowerTank bund to reach RTC cross roads. He was stopped by 5-6 ppl. He was forced to stop as there was no way to pass by them. He was asked to give his wallet, chain, rings and mobile. He tried to argue and raise the voice so that some locals can hear to this and help him. But his mouth was closed by one fellow. Luckily a police patrol vehicle came and the goons ran away. Otherwise the loss would have been surely huge.