1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thinking of going in for a 1.2 Emotion...Team please help

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Volt, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    Dear All

Thanks for the replies, I will surely keep in mind the points raised by all of you when I go in for the test drive (hopefully this weekend).

I have just one more query, is the low speed braking of the 1.2's such an issue as it is made out to be?

Thanks once again to Ravi, fiatlover, nobrakes, Nikhil, Phew, drive_drift, shadowfax, Kedar and Shashank (I hope I haven't missed anyone).
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Not at all... It is just hyped... I drove one of my friends swifts to check for the same, but swift started knocking badly at such low RPM levels and had to use clutch. The issue is only because Punto does not cry at such low rpm levels without the clutch, but that is not the right driving approach. One should always use clutch if the RPM level is very low (1000ish) and change gears (if required).

Coming to the issue, if the clutch is used properly then there is no such issue with Braking.
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey Volt, did the TD happen? To answer your question about braking, I've faced no such issues in my Apr '11 mfgd Punto 1.2....so maybe Fiat has sorted that out.
  4. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    @shashank and @nobrakes
    Thanks for the replies and no the TD hasnt yet happened. Actually work+other commitments have kept me away on weekends, so lets see how that works out.
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Volt,

TD the 1.3 MJD. It makes more sense to buy it with the rising petrol prices. The 1.3 is a very refined engine, and the other day when I went for my PUC, I had left the engine at idling. The guy thought it was a petrol engine! It is also very fuel efficient - I am getting 19km+ with mixed driving & AC On.

Regards
    Johnny