1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thinking of going in for a 1.2 Emotion...Team please help

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Volt, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    Dear Team

This is my first post on this wonderful forum. As the thread title says, I am on the lookout for a new hatch and have zeroed in on the Punto 1.2 Emotion (I will be honest here, I haven't actually looked at other hatches at all, Punto is the one I want). I still have a few questions though and would be really be grateful for the team's inputs. So here goes
    1) My budget is limited to Rs. 5.5 lakhs. I am a bit paranoid about safety, so should I somehow stretch the budget (that would be really painful) and go in for the 1.4 EP? My running would be mostly in the city with a very occasional highway drive thrown in.
    2) My mother is slightly arthritic, so how comfortable would getting into the back seat be, for her, say vis-a-vis an Indica?
    3) Which dealers would you recommend in Mumbai, both from the buying and servicing perspective?
    4) Finally, does the 1.4 really give better mileage than the 1.2 in real world conditions? I have looked at various threads but have not really been able to get an answer.

Sorry for the longish post and thanks in advance for the answers
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Adding to Ravi's comment.
    Mileage of 1.4 may be a little less than 1.4. I own a 1.4E. The average mileage I get in city (read bad bangalore traffic) is 11. On highways, it goes up to 16 kmpl. I think with 1.2 you may get 13-18 in city and highways, respectively.
    Also, make sure you benefit from the offer going on till July 31st.
  4. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Welcome to the forum Volt!

I just got my 1.2 Emotion delivered on the 29th of june, so far so good. Got the car from Wasan motors, Borivili and had a very good experience with them.

Cheers.
  5. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hope all the queries have been answered to :D
  7. [me] volt, why don`t you go for 1.3 multijet active it will be in your budget. i know you need for city drive only. but i m sure you looking to drive the car for 5 year at lest. the way petrol price is going up, you have to die every time you fill petrol. just see the difference diesel=46.11/lit and petrol 72.30/lit in bangalore. add to that your getting very good mileage then 1.2 punto and its very easy to maintain too. it does not have much difference in service bill for petrol and diesel. more over to that in future you can`t even conform that you will driven less or more. so i think Punto 1.3 multijet will fulfill your requirement in all the way. and even you want to sell your car any time you will get better return in diesel for sure.

so take my word and think twice on this petrol or diesel? i m sure if you take diesel you make your running cost very low.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2011
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

This is my first post on this wonderful forum. As the thread title says, I am on the lookout for a new hatch and have zeroed in on the Punto 1.2 Emotion (I will be honest here, I haven't actually looked at other hatches at all, Punto is the one I want). I still have a few questions though and would be really be grateful for the team's inputs. So here goes

1) My budget is limited to Rs. 5.5 lakhs. I am a bit paranoid about safety, so should I somehow stretch the budget (that would be really painful) and go in for the 1.4 EP? My running would be mostly in the city with a very occasional highway drive thrown in.

My opinion:- why dont you try 1.3 mjd (diesel) if it comes at the same price as petrol version you will end up saving lot in fuel prices in the long run

2) My mother is slightly arthritic, so how comfortable would getting into the back seat be, for her, say vis-a-vis an Indica?

My opinion:- Take your mother along with you when you visit the showroom and then decide on this. if your question is how comfortable the rear seats are i would say that its quite comfortable compared to cars that are available at this price range.

3) Which dealers would you recommend in Mumbai, both from the buying and servicing perspective?

My opinion:- Galaxy motors in mulund is good i had purchased my 90 HP from them and have no complaints, fortune motors is good as well i believe. to get the best deal negotiate with 2 mor more dealers simultaneously and in the end go for the one who gives you the best deal post informing other dealers about this so that they give you their final quotes

4) Finally, does the 1.4 really give better mileage than the 1.2 in real world conditions? I have looked at various threads but have not really been able to get an answer.

Answer:- I really have no idea about this
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I agree with shadowfax for each and every point. You need to think about 1.3 MJD Active variant. The price is near about 1.2 Emotion.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I am driving the 1.2 for last 30K kms and so far haven't encountered an issue. It gives 13 kmpl in city and 16kmpl on highways. It has enough power to drive in city and on highways. I have even touched 175kmph on it, Phew and Varoon know about it.
    Punto rear doors open to almost 90degrees and i don't think she will face problem getting into the car.

Still my suggestion would be to go for 1.3 MJD as initially you will think that the drive is less but this car makes you a fool and force you to drive it more and more... then better to buy a diesel one.