1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thick Black Smoke from my 2009 Linea Multijet.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anjith100in, Sep 23, 2014.

1. anjith100in

anjith100in Timido

trivandrum
    Friends, I am in a bit of concern. My linea is starting to emit thick black smoke upon hard acceleration. There is no loss in pickup. But a slight more clattering sound from the engine bay. I was in talks with the service station regarding this when i first noticed the change in sound(similar to a tappet sound). Recently me and my cousin had a drive in two vehicles. He was behind me and told that there is slight more smoke than usual. I thought of checking it as i was driving more sedately than usual. I idled the car and gave a quick kick of the gas till the RPM reached 4k. and i was very surprised to see THICK BLACK SMOKE from the exhaust. Wat could be the reason? Waiting for the expert's reply.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2014 ---
    Forgot to say. Car has only coverd 64000 kms.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  3. anjith100in

anjith100in Timido

trivandrum
    Thanks VJ_V1.. will check with that
  4. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Hi!!
    I am also recently having excessive black smoke from my exhaust recently after 1,20,000 kms service. there is no other issue or drop in engine performance. Please let me know how your issue was solved.
    Thanks.
  5. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Similar problem I am also facing on my 1.3 mjd line. .. please share how you got it corrected...