1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

The hella ones dont seem to be frameless - so they cost low. The dyna ones look good though.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I feel the OEM wipers are Fantastic. Never faced any problem with them in deadly rains too. When not in use i just protect them with rubber protectant polish that we get in market. Also diluted dashboard polish saves them from damaged due to heat etc. Already done 2 plus years and still going strong.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes exactly . But can't say that it is the reason for low cost. The same model (with frame) sparco wiper blades costs more than OEM ;). I am ok with any design as long as the wipe result is good & the product is durable. But have to accept the fact that the frameless design looks much better.

Some are very much satisfied with the OEM wiper blades & it could be that some models came with a different brand of wiper blade which was not durable. Maybe I belong to the later group . Anyway these are just alternate options available.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Sparco- thats a different league altogether. The framless not only look good but clean better as they stick to the glass better. They dont lift. Also they dont scratch the glasses when they wear out.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You could check with this guy if he sells blades alone. A few months back I had replaced mine. I got a Hella blade and installed it on the existing wiper arm using some workaround. It I working fine even now. Costs 125/. I don't remember the size though.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thulasi thanks. I did check on their website & I could see only blade +arm & no blade alone. Well you almost read my mind. I was indeed planning to replace it with Hella wiper :) . Why this workaround ? Not a direct fit ?

Edit :- On the link which you have given, it is given 305 mm.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I have recently got the rear wiper set replaced and they told me that you would have to purchase the whole set. While arm was broken in my case and i had to buy the whole set costing 700 including labor.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No. It is not a direct fit. If you don't add the extra lining between the blade and the arm, the blade might fall of in less than two days. See this post. After seeing this post, I see that I replaced the blade in Aug last year.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Dancing wipers

My right wiper is dancing all the way when i put the wiper on low / high.
    If i put it in the interval mode things seem to be fine.
    My wipers are more than 3 yrs old is it a sign of the wiper dying or something else.

I've verified that this wiper does jump around even when the glass is cleaned and its spotless.
    Is changing the wiper the only solution?
    What are the recommendations?
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore