1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Senthil, can you post some pictures after you have fitted the wipers. This looks very interesting. I may have to replace the wipers on my Linea shortly, your pictures will help me decide to go for the Sparco ones or the OEM ones.

Thanks
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    But the OEM wipers are pretty fantastic themselves.:confused
  3. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    I agree gurjinder:), but I was curious about the aesthetics of the Sparco wipers. That is why I asked him to post pictures.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What is the Max life of OEM wiper?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Depends on the weather where you live. If it is wet 4 months a year (you get to use the wiper almost everyday) and the rest of the year does not get too hot and dry, then maybe 2 years. However in climates like that of Chennai, where you probably use the wiper half a dozen times a year and then it remains resting against the glass which gets pretty hot, then 1 year. Though it would look weird and you would look like you have lost it, the best thing to do when parking in the open sun during the day, would be to lift the wipers up :D

The best time to change wipers is just before the monsoon.
    Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    So it is better to keep the wiper in action with a continuous running water for few minutes in hot whether(again problem for chennai due to water scarcity:)) at least once in a week while washing the car. In goa wipers do more work than our hands during Monsoon:D
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The problem is, the pressure of the wiper setup against dry hot glass. This tends to get the rubber hard and it starts to loose its wiping ability. Rubber needs to be supple to do a good job of wiping.

Even if one manages running water and wiper action once a week, it cannot be long enough and frequent enough. The funny thing is, wipers last longer in climates where they are needed the most :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. prakashjam24x7

prakashjam24x7 Timido

Chennai
    Hi Addy,

The look is exactly same as the owner of this thread had posted in page 1. you can look at it. its exactly same.

@Ciju,
    yes in last min i ordered for a 14inch. but for anyone going to try on SPARCO for Punto or Linea please go ahead with 16inch and 26inch combo...it will fit perfectly. 14inch is slightly smaller and it leavers a arc line behind. and yes low profile look goes off...!
    1 person likes this.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    OEM vipers are good as my original wipers lasted me for almost 3 years without frequent cleaning (wiper rubber).Once a week u should clean the rubber part of the wiper .I clean it with vinegar.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Friends I came across another alternative for OEM wipers & seem to be on the cheaper side too.

1) Hella-Premium Wiper Blade 26" -RS 340 /- (Check here) - Fits on Q-7,Punto, Captiva, Accord New, SX4, CLS, E-Class
    2) DynaEdge Wiper Blade 26" - Rs 747 /- (Check here - Fits on Q-7, Punto, Captiva, Accord New, CLS, E-Class - This has the same low-profile finish as the OEM wipers.

I was not able to find out the 15 " passenger side blade for punto. They seem to have only 16 " with them. But they have not mentioned whether it suits punto.
    Please get in touch with the seller & confirm if it suits punto before purchasing it. I am just sharing what I came across & I dont know anything about the durability of these products. But both brands are internationalay reputed brands & would be good products for sure.