1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has any one tried bosch wiper blades for punto/linea? I don't know whether they are available for punto/linea.

A friend of mine on my suggestion replaced maruti oem blades with bosch ones on his alto and his feedback was very much positive.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. prakashjam24x7

prakashjam24x7 Timido

Chennai
    All right guys,
    I have just orderd for a Sparco 16inch and 26inch wiper blades via eBay. the seller is from HongKong.
    each blades costed me 12.5 dollars with shipping.
    will update all once i get my consignment.

fingers crossed...!

Regards,
    Senthilprakash.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Senthil that's cheaper than what you get in India. 12.5 $ = 700 Rs Approx. In India the current price is Rs.950 for 24 " & Rs.850 for the 16 ".
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In my recent trip, I had to use wipers for very long periods, like 6-7 hrs, continuously and I am very satisfied with its performance. It cleans the windscreen properly. Only I think there is small gap between small and longer blades, few mms, and that doesn't get cleaned properly, otherwise it worked well.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ravi are you running on stock wipers ?
  6. prakashjam24x7

prakashjam24x7 Timido

Chennai
    Yup...total cost via paypal is 1425 rs. talked with the seller...he is very responsive. he is shipping the shipment on monday and will provide me the tracking id...!
    also i had made sure that the size is 26 inch which we are not getting in india...

only concern is that weather 16 inch wiper will fit 2012 linea? i heard some where that the stock one is 15 inch? do let me know. i see that the gap is very less between the A pillar and the wiper.

Regards,
    Senthilprakash
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes.
    But I got it replaced, OEM, in my last servicing.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Senthil if 16 " suits on Punto I think there wont be an issue with Linea.There is no issue with 16 " on punto.
  9. prakashjam24x7

prakashjam24x7 Timido

Chennai
    @Cinju,
    On safer side i had ordered for a 14 inch and a 26inch. and it was received today in office. i just went down to parking lot and placed the new set of Sparco wipers i received and its amazing. the fitting is perfect. and quality also looks premium.

This seller in eBay "zenaracing" is very prompt genuine and cheap.
    If anyone looking out for Sparco wipers he is the guy. will post the photos in sometime.

Note: these Sparco wipers are universal and they come with 5 sets of adapters to fit into any car.

Regards,
    Senthilprakash.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Prakash so you changed your order from 16 " to 14 " ? Anyway thanks for providing the details. I am sure many would be interested.So we can say that it is just 200 Rs costlier than OEM. But yes you would lose the low profile look of the OEM wiper blades.