1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. paritosh

Ok. Finally managed to get to the TASS to replace the front wipers..
    Acumen Motors Near bavdhan. Pretty much empty on thu evening. Got the OEM wipers from OTC and one of SA fixed it.
    Total damage ~1200 Bucks. Time taken 10 min.
    To pay the bill took another 30 min as their printer wasnt working.
    Overall happy with the job the wipers are doing.
  2. sungoa2010

Can any one suggest a good brand of windscreen washer fluids. The one mentioned in Fiat manual is not available at TASS. Now I observed that they had filled water last time. Wiping is not effective due to a oily kind of layer.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

@ Sungoa: I had similar issue with my windscreen earlier. The windscreen was all greasy whenever I switched on the wiper and even the washer liquid (which was just plain water) wouldn't suffice.

Last week I purchase Sonax Clear View 1:100 concentrate 250ml. Just add it to the water, shake it well to mix it and fill the windscreen washer tank. I used it and its quite good in terms of cleaning the windscreen. And you need not use it everytime you use the wiper. This morning it was drizzling a bit here in Hyderabad and the water drops were not spreading/flowing as it used to earlier but instead were staying where they fall. After there was a lot of water drops, I just switch on the wiper (without the water from the tank) and it clears the water effortlessly and it is very much clear. I would definitely recommend this product.
    Cost was 279Rs. MRP from the accessories shop.

SONAX clear view 1:100 concentrate :: Product Search - SONAX - cleaning and polishing like a professional
  4. RSJ

Guys I bought Hella Dynaedge 16/24" size for Linea few days back but I cant install it.Can anyone who has installed these wipers on Linea/Punto help me out?
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Does Kava stock the OE wipers ?
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Been there done that RSJ! Bought Dynaedge but realised the adaptor supplied doesn't fit Fiats. Returned to the dealer who was courteous to accept them back with no damage to my pocket. Went the OE way finally!!
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

my wipers have started to dance on the windshield quite a bit now.. and this time while coming back from chennai i had to drive all the way through in horrendous rain.
    The wipers more or less did it job but it was all over the place ... So now i'm planning on going in for better ones..

Any idea how much OE wipers cost?
    if its cheaper than 1850 (sparco cost), which i dont think it will be then i might think of it..
    Any other alternatives???
  8. shams

shams Esperto

around 1200 for both wipers
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Me tried for windscreen washer fluid in TASS but they told put water but I bought windscreen washer concentrate from maruti and adding it to distilled water but the effect is not so great. Will give a try to sonax as has been suggested by N Kiran, after the stock of washer fluid packets with me was over.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

That's not too bad...
    Also i have another question...
    Do wipers also come with Maf date?
    The reason is if its already 3-6months old then the rubber tends to get hard .. Would make sense to buy something that is actually very new here..
    (Or does the rubber harden only upon contact with water and/or other atmospheric elements)