1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Varun I doubt if Hella wiper comes with universal adaptors.I couldn't find anything mentioned about the adaptors in that thread. Please note that the blade lock mechanism of Punto/Linea is different & not a common one. You can ask that fellow itself about the adaptors. Please keep us updated.
  2. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Hi

I Just changed my wipers with a brand new set (Rs 1200 ) from TASS. The wiping quality has been very poor as i found out during a 1200km ru. Can i get a replacement from TASS itself as it has been just under a month since i changed it.

Is there any specific company i should insisit on for during replacement. During my Maruti days I used to get Bosch Wiper( i think) which were slightly expensive but superb quality..
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ohh the price has gone up. Can you please check what brand is the new wiper blade. I think it is Bosch only.
  4. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    If the OE wipers cost 1200 then the i think Sparco wipers are a good buy for 1800.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It was 540 for the OE wipers here till a month back !! And funny thing is they add 250 as labour for fixing that wiper :p
    Either you was ripped off, or they might have started using some other brand !!
  6. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    This is on my TO DO list for last 2 week ends and never got around it.. Thanks Ciju for the thread.
    Atleast now i know the which brands to ask for at the store !!!
    Punekars, Any idea if the Carx shop in Baner stores these. I'd hate to go to Pandit auto all the way in the city for this tiny fix.
  7. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Cinju could you please explain how you fix the Spc wipers. Its a bit complicated initially as you said. A detailed explanation could help.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nimish I shall try to post it with pics. It is rather confusing than complicated. Once you understand how to fix the adaptors it is just a matter of 2 mins to fix the blades.
    @Varun they are charging 250 as labor for fixing the wiper blades :eek::shocked
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Then we better buy it over the counter and fix it ourselves. Fixing a wiper blade is no engineering wonder!
  10. waiting for Fixing procedure of Sparco Wiper blades in Punto

please provide the procedure , to fix these new Sparco wiper blades in Punto