1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Vivek my main intention on starting this thread is to let our fellow TFIans know what other options we have rather than going in with OEM blades. Yes they are expensive when compared with OEM. When we are ready to pay hefty amount for many add ons which are just meant to be show pieces, why not a 1000 bugs extra for something which adds to your safety. That was my only point . Design & quality wise it is different from OEM blades . It is like comparing stock JK tires to Michelin /Yokos /Bridgestone. We pay huge difference for these tires & we really know what to expect. As simple as that ;)
    3 people like this.
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    OE wiper blades are a real pain at times. They just don't perform. Well they are 3 things that the punto lacks. Front seats thigh support, front headlights and wiper blades. The latter 2 need replacement as the monsoon in Kerala is going to strain your eye and it could compromise on safety.

Hella does have blades and it almost comes to the same cost. Initially bosh aero twin was the only perfomance blade available aftermarket. Since I got a chance to experiment with bosh and sparco I would suggest sparco. It's doing duty for the past 1 year on my punto. Congrats Cinju on your buy. Enjoy the rains.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Well, I got to retest my OE Blades today. Performed well, No issues at all in heavy rain or drizzle. Guess the rubber needed to absorb some water after staying dry for a long time and got back to form now.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks for starting this thread. OEM wipers are also not bad. I had a problem with the wipers after I started waxing the car. When washing the water spreads over the frond glass and I found this oily lair spoil the wiping effect. I started using newspaper for final wiping. The carbon in newspaper is very effective in giving perfectly smooth glass surface. I checked it with heavy rain and it wiping perfectly without leaving a layer of water.

I had problem with rear wiper. The rubber blades stared coming out. I am not sure it happened by itself or by my hands while wiping the rear glass. For the rear the old and new one are made in brazil.

If the rubber come out in the after market wipers, can we replace only the rubber part, with keeping the old plastic?
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sun the OEM wiper which came along with the car was good enough. But some were complaining on the replacement wipers which we get from TASS. Can you please tell me how does this waxing affect your windshield ?
    Well if the rubber comes out, I think we need to get the entire set.
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    well i doesn't have that much of a problem but yes, the large front wiper spread water on left side of windscreen, which leads to translucent visibility. I also want to change them, first service is due so will try to get them replaced under warranty. If issue would not get resolved, i'll get them changed.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When wax particle stick to the glass during wiping you will not see the clear glass but like a oily layer. Much a problem during night where the light get scattered and visibility is affected. Just apply a oily cloth on glass and then try to wipe it. You will see it. But with wax it is minimal but still can spoil the clean glass appearance. Earlier I used to use same cloth for wiping. Now use a cloth for metal surface and a different cloth for glass. Then wipe the glass finally with paper.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    OEM Wiper blades are Valeo SWF and are very good have driven in heavy rain extensively(Ahemdabad-Mumbai non stop rainfall) and I can vouch for their quality and the best part is that they don't lift up when wind is high and car is also in very high speed just sticks to the glass no matter how roughly you change lanes or take a turn.

The body type wiper shown in first post have habit of lifting up from upper corner when wind is high and car is also in decent speed and you take a slight turn.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Vijay I am not sure if all the blades are of Valeo make. Mine doesn't have any brand written on it where as I found Valeo embedded on it in a new Punto. Of course Valeo is a very good product & no doubt about it. My point was with respect to the replacement wiper blades which we get from TASS. There are some forums in TFI where people have mentioned about their dissatisfaction with the replacement blades.

The body type wiper, again if you take a closer look at the 2nd pic, you can see a gap between the body & the blade. This is to reduce air-drag & for a company like Sparco which produce parts mostly for Rally, I think they would have surely considered this fact. Anyway thanks for pointing it out. Will surely check this aspect. Your point is actually valid. Not sure if it applies to this particular product.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3