1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    A few drops of any mild shampoo helps. It's better to periodically clean the windscreen, there will be lots of (invisible)dirt on the windscreen when driving in city. Wipers tend to become ineffective when they accumulate.
    2 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Empty out the old water on windshield first.

Take some Sunsilk black shine with conditioner sachet and empty it in a 2.5 ltr empty and clean Thumsup or coke bottle. Add clean water; Preferably aquaguard one and shake it rigorously till there is no trace of shampoo. Pour the entire 2.x litre of mixed content in the reservoir. This has worked best till date, and also has not damaged the wiper.

I think, no. one cause of wiper cuts is dried birdshit.

When everything's coming your way you are in the wrong lane .. ! :p
    2 people like this.
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I have an issue with my wipers. It seems to be working well and smooth when I start them and for about 15-20 mins.

After that, the wipers start giving some screeching noise towards their end of the strokes. (both the front wipers). I see this pattern even with the new set of blades, but the only difference is, it starts happening in about 25 mins from start. on prolonged usage, I also see some ruddering creeping into the wiper operation.

Im not sure as to why this is happening.

Once, during a long drive hit by continuous rains, my wipers just stopped working even when the switch was "on". I was using them in the max speed for about 30 mins continuously. I wasn't sure what to do, I tried all ways, but nothing worked. Then I tried the universal solution - "Restart". I switched off the engine, and switched it back on, the wipers started working, post which I didn't try operating the wipers on max speed for long duration.

I didn't get to the service station yet with this trouble, but any thoughts from experts here will help me.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Restart wouldn't help as Wiper motor is the problem here.
    In your case it is the beginning of the problem, when the motor gets heated is when it stops working.
    All you need is a good Electrician who would service the motor by opening it and check if the coil and bushes are working good.
    Replacing the motor would ensure that you will not face this problem again.
    But in both instance you need to ensure that the motor is free from water and it remains dry at times, covering it up would help.
    Also my personal suggestion, why don’t you use Sonax Glass cleaner, it’s is green solution which adds a coat to the glass which would help repel water and you woulnd’t be using your Wiper at full speeds.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks for the response. I'll have this added to my checklist for the next visit to the service Center.

On your comment on sonax glass treatment, can you add a little more details like cost, process etc?
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sonax Glass cleaner is a spray which you can get from any Shell dealer or any Website dealer, it's about 400 bucks.

It 's a simple Spray and wipe process but you need a soft towel/paper to wipe and clean.

it's very helpful in cleaning up bugs/smugs/water marks.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
  8. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    You can buy whole wiper set at around Rs. 500 from market (Non OEM).
    7$ x 65 will be around 455 . These are non OEM refills & differant from one Used on linea/punto.

From below link R 18 type is the one used in Fiat
    467068011_376.jpg
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today while using the wiper in the after, after sometime of operation the wiper blades were not smooth. While on the upward cycle they vibrated and jittery. Is it a problem with the rubber?
  10. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Anyone installed Hella 26" and 16" wiper blades on their punto/linea?