1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanks, Let me try.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    It's been raining well for few days in and around Bangalore and the wiper usage has become more frequent.

During a night journey from Mysore to Bangalore in a heavy rain, I was struggling with poor road visibility and had to park the car for a while to let the rain subside. Problem was, severe streaks after every wipe action. When not in rain, if I use the windscreen washer, the streaks dry off after few seconds. If it is continuous rain, then the streaks are so bad that they spoil the visibility. Even the RR wiper is behaving similarly.

The FR RHS wiper blade alone was changed 10 months ago. I checked the wipers and couldn't make out any cracks or un-even surface.

Based on general advice, as it's more than a year, I purchased FR OE wiper blades alone from KHT (for 1234.00) and fitted them myself. One is printed as "Made in Germany" and the other "Made in DEU".

20130914_220430.jpg 20130914_220511.jpg

To my shock the streaks are still there.

The contact of wiper blade with glass is perfect and just few days back I cleaned the entire FR windshield thoroughly without any dirt.

Any input please :confused
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Your windshield has contaminants.

Get it clayed or do some thorough cleaning followed by some polishing with a mild rubbing compound.

Claying is best option IMO.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    But, a week back I used the Elastrofoam cleaning system which is supposed to replace claying process. The results on paint surface were very good. Even the glass looked cleaner after this treatment. No visible scratches or dirt.
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Yes, elstrofoam is a substitute for claying and is equally effective. What might have happened is that the windshield has developed some imperfections like scratches or something, and because of that the wipers are streaking. You can try a glass polish, or maybe get the windshield checked by Windshield experts?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
  6. Iyu

Iyu Timido

bangalore
    Hi mayank,

Better late then never, If u still have this problem, try adjusting the wiper stalk (not the blade - open the bonnet, loosen the wiper nut , remove the wiper & refix it). it will surely solve your problem.

iyu
  7. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Just visited Pandit Auto Pune ( For Wiper blade for my inlaws Punto )

I was told that Fiat has increased prices from 1st June - from 617 Rs to 690 Rs !!!
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Its raised to 699/- so now set comes for 1398/- and 60rs in wiper fitting charges.
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Can we get just one as well... one wiper has a small cut in the rubber in my linea which results in a water line.. the otherone is perfect..
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    ya, you can get one for 699/-
    If your wipers are 4-5yrs old, i would suggest replacing both. And keep the working one as spare, just in case if required in emergency.