1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Guys, i would say stick to OEM blades they are really nice.
    I bought Syndicate blades for 950/- a pair it worked well for few weeks and now i can hear some squeaking noises!! not happy.
    I did cleaned the wind shield with Colin for couple of times but not much improvement. Also noticed that while going down they vibrate a bit. It's movement is definitely not as smooth as the OEM one. :mad:

Another possibility might be the Syndicate blades which i bought and the one which i am noticing on the forum are dated back to XXAug 2010 and we are in Aug 2013.Does it make any sense??:confused:
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

The Squeaking and vibrating issue is there with the OEM wipers too. I thought it's a problem only with my car but my friend who bought his punto a few months ago also has the same problem.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

The squeaking & vibration happens because your windshield has got contaminants . One way to check is clean your windscreen thoroughly & wipe dry. One it is dry, take a piece of soft cotton cloth /banyan cloth & run it across the windshield with your finger. It should glide smoothly. If you feel a very slight amount of friction , then there is an issue. Even for the new cars what happens is when we take it for service , these fellows do spray something on the black portion between the windshield & bonnet for getting that rich black shine & even this could stick onto the windshield & cause such issues. Another issue is the waxing of cars by service centres. These waxes tend to create a fog like effect when wiper is used during rain. Newspaper can help to clear this to a small extend.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Cinjy could you please post some pics of your car with Sparco blades
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Chethan I moved back to OEM wipers .The Sparco lasted only an year for me.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Been to Reliance Auto zone found Hella Dynamite blades. Hav used sparco in Innova but when compared btw this I would says Hella's rubber quality is far better than sparco and even the price is less.

Will try out hella this time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

My current wiper blades are leaving some kind on invisible residue on my glass, which hampers the visibility during night + rain + opposite traffic headlight situations. The cleaning is still good. If I clean my glass with clay bar, the glass remains clean for a month.

So, is time to replace my wiper blades?

Should I stick with OEM or should I try Hella\Sparco? I am ready to spend 2K for a pair.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I used to get these oily smears in front when wiped. Once in a month or so I used to clean the windshield using newspaper and just water. Just rub the windshield thoroughly after spraying water.
    I think if the wiper blades are not juddering across the windshield, they are still good for some more time.

I would suggest OEM. It costs 1234/- a pair. I went for OEM when I recently replaced mine.
    1 person likes this.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@thulasi: Thaks but the smear do not go off if I use just news paper, but goes off well if I clean the glass using a clay bar. There is no juddering if the glass is clean - but when the glass gets this smear, there is slight juddering when the glass is not really wet.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Linear

Linear Amatore

Wipers juddering on dry glass is normal. Please don't use wipers on dry glass - it's bad for both the wiper blades & the glass.