1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I bought the OEM one for Rs. 1234/- today from KHT, made in Germany. Really good ones and last pretty long. If you want to replace just one side you can do that too. Rs.617 per piece.
    notice the price difference between Syndicate and OEM.
  3. Fiat is now giving Ricambi made wiper blade. This works very good. 2013-07-27-202.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I got it done from vecto. its 617 per piece irrespective of the size.
    Anyways results are amazing, last week when i was in kerala with the old set visibility was very poor during rains.
    BTW they charged somewhere around 60 Rs for the fitment :)..
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    For pressing a clip with 2 fingers, removing the old wiper and pushing the new one in till it clicks in place, a process that should ideally take 10 seconds???

Now I know where the SC makes its money. That is Rs. 3600 an hour. A lot more than what most qualified professionals charge in their chosen fields of expertise :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Haha, i got new wipers on friday too. These are same as the stock ones on my Car. There's no branding on the wipers themselves, they just say Made in Germany and have a few numbers on them. The box says Ricambi as mentioned above.

I asked them for the proforma invoice for my service bill before the real bill and saw that they billed me only for 1 wiper blade while i asked them for both. And along with the blade the labor was mentioned as Rs 40. Probably just to install one blade since it read something like (R+R). I shock hands with the dude who gave me the invoice and asked him what this Rs 40 was. He smiled and said installation for the blades Saar. I asked him not to install it and just bill me for the blades. He obliged and removed the charges.

Yet to test the blades in the rain.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I got the blades replaced at KHT last week. I just went to the counter and asked for wiper blades. He told me to get it from the spare parts section. I didnt ask for any help to install it, but the SA who handled my 60k service sent a person to install it. It doesnt need a technician to install the wiper blades. Almost anyone can do it. They charged me only for the blades and not "labor". 617 each, total Rs.1234/-

OT: My RO water purifier's tap was broken and I called Zero B to replace the tap as I had an AMC. He came and said, "Sir, the AMC has expired so you have to pay for service charges, Rs.200 for the new tap and 350 for service, total 550/- I asked him to give the tap, I will fix it myself. Then he said, no need sir, I will fix it myself, because it is my job and will not charge labor! he fixed the tap and I just paid Rs.200/.
    2 people like this.
  8. Labour charges are expensive FIAT needs to do some thing,but knowing weak position of FIAT they may be able to anything in this regard.
  9. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I told them to change it when i gave the vehicle for 45k service at Vecto and they added the charges to the bill. Else I would have fitted it myself.
    Detailed reports i will post in the service review section soon.