1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Doesn't fit on the wiper arm of Punto/Linea. Still I had ordered one and recieved it yesterday.
    I would try putting the rubber blade from these wiper onto OEM wiper on thursday, would post pics of the transplant if I manage to fit them perfectly.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Vijay I had this same doubt whether we can fix this on our Linea /Punto and thanks for the confirmation that it wont :). Moreover this is not Aero Twin which is of Bosch make.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Managed to transplant GM wiper blade refill into our OEM SWF wipers. Took around 30 mins to complete the job.
    Would post pics in a day or two.
    Wipe quality is as good as OEM and at a fraction of price of OEM wipers (300/-).
    amolraut, Linear and PatchyBoy like this.
  5. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    Can you show me how..so that i can do it for my punto...thanks
  6. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Tried this product this weekend. I religiously followed the instructions. And as said it repels water and you see the droplets running off the windshield. But I see the smears when I use the wiper. So with the weekend's drive to kerala with heavy rains there I was better off without the wipers!! I dint switch it on permanently but wiped occasionally. The droplets simply runs off the windshield. I am still unsure how to deal with this smear. I think this was not there until I changed the windshield once a kid batted a stone to gift me a crack on the glass.

Recommended item.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The smear may be because of the dirt deposit on windscreen due to long use in city. You would have noticed that smear appears immediately after wiping and disappears in a few seconds. It impacts visibility for a few seconds and is a problem especially when you are driving at speeds of 50+ kmph.
  8. @fiatlover: You are right. The smear could be due to road film on the glass.

@bins: Thanks for the feedback. If you are still left with some PROKLEARâ„¢ PreCleaner and NGS you can try a small patch on the wiper path as follows.
    Using the Precleaner polish a small patch on the glass in the wiper's path, do it a little vigorously so that the residues are removed.
    Spray water on the patch it should form a film without any repellency, this confirms the glass is clean, if not repeat polishing.
    Wash hands and wash and wipe the patch dry before applying PROKLEARâ„¢ NGS.
    The issue reported by you can be because:
    1. Old Windshield - Road film / deposits
    2. New Windshield or New cars - Comes with a thin rubber coating (could be silicone to prevent handling scratches which wear off after some time)

Thanks,
    Satish
    PROKLEARâ„¢
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    last weekend changed my punto wipers to syndicate wipers 26" and 15". Though the OEM are of good quality still I wanted to try something different. I could not found Hella in 26" 15" and had mumbai trip planned over the weekend hence went ahead with Syndicate. It costed me 950/- thought the Mfg date was in 2010. I went ahead with those and result is just brilliant not a single drop on windscreen after every wipe. I bought it from Modern cars acc., Camp, Pune.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3