1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have used dove sampoo and after that dove conditioner as well :D ,yes for windshield.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Not sure if this is the right thread, but in my new Linea the driver side water jet is spraying like fine mist and not much water gets on to the wind shield on driver side, however the passenger side is all fine.
    1st I thought it might be the new design to spray mist !:( Instead of clear jet water as in my Punto.

However my curiosity made me look into in more detail, turned out that the nozzel is not aligned correctly. techs tried to correct the nozzel alingment, but it resulted in water jet going beyond the roof (no water on the glass) which doesnt solve for the issue.

in reality the jet is being obstructed by the wiper arm and when the water hits the wiper arm with the force, it forms mist !!

Technicians couldn't solve for it, any idea how to deal with this issue ?
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    In my experience , the adjustment screws require almost microscopic precision :D . From the water hitting the wipers (when the wipers are off) to the water going beyond the roof is probably a few micro-mm of adjustment. Try adjusting very slowly and precisely with a screwdriver - should be fine
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Sounds like a misalignment. Try this:

1. Remove the wiper arms completely
    2. Put key in MAR position and pull the wiper stalk up - what you would normally do for spray+wipe
    3. Wait for at least 6 seconds - the time it takes to do the final wipe
    4. Refit the wiper arms, making sure that the blades are at the lowest position.

That should solve your problem.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  5. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Guys i also got new wiper blades for my punto. I am also facing the problem of vibration and rubbing sound at the edges ...both starting and reverse point......plz suggest....windshield is perfectly clean..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

In my 3-4 visits to FASS, even i haven't got any solution for wipers jerking and juddering on windshield. I have tried shampoo,colin,toothpaste,newspaper, 2 different types of glass cleaners and even wipro easy wash!! After no solution, FASS told me that li'l bit vibration is normal :hit . Even while replacing wipers, i can use them only at a low speed. At higher speeds it feels like as if wipers will chop off whole windshield.
  7. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Team ,

I have a 3 year old Punto Emotion Diesel ., I have constant issues with with the Wiper ! . When I turn the wiper on and start my ignition the wiper gets stuck half way and refuses to work for a while . After a while it automatically resets and starts working . I have faced this issue several times .Not sure if its a motor problem . I tried to take it to a Castrol Service center and they told me there could be an issue with the wiper motor . So I got it rewound . Still the wiper refuses to work . Now they think it could be a problem with the relay and and some wire could have been cut !! I`m not sure what I should do as I`m driving around in rainy season without wipers !!

Does the wiper come under extended warranty ?

8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Can you specify how much 'a while' means here! this happens in all cars for when the wiper stops for maybe a second on starting the car. If 'while' is longer time in your case, only then its a problem.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  10. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Thanks a lot Suman !! That was really an eye opener for me ! I still have the Wiper issue . Maybe I`ll go over to the Fiat Cafe and request them to have a look . Is it normal procedure to replace the wiper or do I have to fight for it ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

@shams : More than a day ! Its like the car heals itself !!
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013