1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Wiper Thread

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Cinju, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    For Sparco you need to opt for a different size ie 24 " & 16 " . That is all . You can easily fix it on Punto /Linea with it's universal adaptors where as in the case of HELLA even if you get the right size, it doesn't have the adaptor(clip) to fit on Punto /Linea.
  2. Sparco blade 24" spc1030 is 1100rs and 16" spc1022 is 935 rs. Can this be available for even lesses price ?
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Orignal OEM are available for around 650rs per pc, I guess, any one has info on this?
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ Praveen Raj Patten It was 1000 & 850 respectively an year back.

@ Viny I think a set of OEM would cost you between 1200-1300 . Not sure if there was a hike very recently.
  5. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    My drivability was almost crippled with yesterday's rain with wiper leaving good amount of smears over the windshield. This coupled with the sooper rain in Kerala. Had to do a all-night drive to Bangalore. I looked for a new set of wiper in almost every accessory shop I see and they dint have the one that fits Linea's wiper arm. Finally stopped by Hyson in Kochi(Yesterday being sunday). The 2 sales guys present there were really nice and helpful and managed a set of wipers.
    Ha but the problem persisted with the wiper leaving good amount of smears all over the windshield(perhaps at the same place where the old wipers left smears).
    Tried cleaning the windshield with whatever I had; shampoo, colin, toothpaste.. Nothing paid off..
    I still see some vibration at the ends of the wiper and as did the old one...
    Is there actually a problem with my wiper arms?
    or the set of wipers I replaced was as bad as old?
    Whats the next thing I can try...?
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Use Proklear mate,one of the awesum buy from ebay. its 101% worth.
    i too have the same problem like wiper vibrating at the end and leaving sticky water kind of windshield.i applied two days before and found tremendous change,after one wipe from the wiper,windshield will be crystal clear.Try for sure.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Spray lots of water and rub hard with news print paper until those smears disappear completely. It appears like oily stains and I think it comes from accumulated dirt from city driving.
    1 person likes this.
  8. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Did everything that I could.. Yeah the accumulated dirt may the menace..

Ordered!!! I will do anything for that matter!! :)
    Thanks.. lets see..
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Please read the instructions & follow them carefully. It needs to be applied to a very clean windshield, using their own precleaner (supplied with the product) just beforehand.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I would suggest to get rid of the contaminants first before applying Proklear. Amongst the 2 videos shown as reference in the Ebay link, the 1st one was shot by Tfian Thomman .Using a very mild rubbing compound can remove these kind of contaminants. You should not be applying too much pressure when you use these rubbing compounds . It is perfectly safe. Bins do keep us posted after applying Proklear.
    1 person likes this.