1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The "White Knight" comes home - Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD BNW

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Arryan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    The car was nearing the 15K mark on the odo and also a couple of problems crept up in the car. So decided to have the Second Free Servicing of the Linea on Saturday the 25/05/2013. This was the first real oppurtunity to experience the new exclusive showroom and service centre of Fiat at Raipur. Got the confirmation over phone that prior appointment will not be required and hence reached the showroom at 10:20AM on Saturday.

The experience was not at all very satisfying one for me. The attitude of the SA and the staff are the same as earlier. They still behave as they are dealing with taxi drivers, the staffs have been brought over from the existing Tata-Fiat dealership, so old habbits die hard but they must be overridden.

The left side front door lock was not working properly. The issue was attended first and resolved (never explained what was wrong), but the same have reappeared on Monday. Then the USB drive was not working in my car. The same was also attended and I was informed that the assembly needs to be replaced. The part has to ordered and will be informed on arrival.

Then came the intimidating part, the engine oil change. As I have changed the engine oil at 11K mark, I had specifically mentioned in the job card not to change the same. The SA tried to persuade me to get the same changed and went on to further advice me that it will affect the warranty issues in the future. Failing to persuade me, they did change the air filter and rotated the tyres. Pollen filter was not changed as it can still be used.

The brake pads, the underbody and the alignment were not checked. I was told that the brakes and the alignment was checked during the test drive and both are OK. Ther was no problem with the brake and the alignment and so I did not raise an issue. The car washing took most of the time as there was an Lancer in the queue ahead of me.

The dealer had a HM-Mitsubishi showroom in the same premises earlier. Though the HM-Mitsubishi showroom has shifted to a nearby premises but the paint shop and the washing facilities are not yet operational there. So all the denting painting jobs and washing of HM-Mitsubishi cars are done in this showroom, and the private owners of Mitsubishi cars are reported to be close freinds of the dealer, so they always gets priority in washing.

Multi brand "FIAT" service centre at Raipur, Chhattisgarh

A Mitsubishi Lancer being serviced at Fiat exclusive dealership

IMG_20130525_131714.jpg

An HM Ambassador undergoing body repairs at Fiat exclusive dealership

IMG_20130525_131854.jpg

IMG_20130525_131927.jpg

The Amb and the Lancer together in the Fiat exclusive dealership (The Fiat logo is hidden behind the cars, but I hope people can relate the place with the previous picture)

IMG_20130525_152009.jpg

I do not have any idea whether the Fiat Regional Service Manager or other senior person are aware of this fact of HM-Mitsu cars being serviced at Fiat "EXCLUSIVE" dealership.

Overall I should say that there is a lot of expectations from Fiat and the company does not really seem to have learnt anything from their past failures. At the present level of service, when their existing customers are not satisfied, how do Fiat expect to draw new customers to their showroom.

On the other hand I saw some Palios and Petras being serviced in the dealership. During discussion with the mechanics I was told that there is not much problem in sourcing the spares from Fiat but at the same time the spares are costly.

IMG_20130525_152534.jpg

IMG_20130525_152628.jpg

I hope this should bring some respite for the Palio owners as they were facing lot of hurdles in maintaining their beauties.
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    The "White Knight" comes home - 15K completed in 10 months.

My Linea crossed the 15K mark on 03/06/2013, exactly 10 months and 7 days from the date of purchase.

IMG_20130603_092928.jpg

During this period I've extensively used the car both in the city as my daily ride and also on the highways. My observation about the car is as follows :

What I like about the Linea :

1. Stunning looks, though the charm have dried down in the market.
    2. Build quality is solid, and the car feels sturdier than most of its competitors. In fact, the Linea feels like a "tijori-on-wheels".
    3. Urban ride quality is excellent and highway stability at triple digit speed is the best in the segment. The suspension’s calibration is sheer brilliance. The result is that the Linea provides best-in-class ride comfort, handling & dynamics package.
    4. Fiat's pure hydraulic steering is an absolute joy to use. This is amongst the best steering below 20 lakh rupees
    5. The Linea MJD Emotion comes with 205/55 R16 tyres, actually the exact size that the Mercedes C-Class & BMW 3 series come equipped with.
    6. The collapsible rear curtain works like a charm on sunny days. It’s a segment first and does a fantastic job in keeping the harsh sun away from the rear bench occupants.
    7. The compressor is more powerful in the 2012 model than in the earlier ones and the air-conditioner is an absolute chiller even in the summer.
    8. The level of standard equipment is a Linea USP. The car comes with dual front airbags, ABS + EBD, Italian leather seats, steering-mounted audio & phone controls, height-adjustable driver seat, height-adjustable driver armrest, climate control, MP3 / CD audio system with "Blue&Me" and USB input, rear air-con vents, a collapsible curtain for the rear windscreen, electric mirrors, foldable key with boot release button and 16" alloy wheels.
    9. The Linea is equipped with “Fuel cut-off mechanism”. In case of a crash, the fuel gets cut off so that the engine shuts off.
    10. The 2012 Linea delivers 185MM of ground clearance tall enough to protect the undercarriage of the vehicle on the roughest of roads. It additionally has an engine guard / sump guard.

What I do not like :

1. Overall, the interiors of the 2012 model are acceptable for the segment. Still, there is ample scope for improvement.
    2. Fiat should equip the Linea with a reach-adjustable steering, just as VW does the Vento.
    3. For a car that's so large on the outside, cabin room is surprisingly conservative. Fiat should learn a lesson in space utilization & packaging from Honda.
    4. I’m not at all satisfied with the Linea’s storage solutions. Such a big car does not have a single bottle holder (I mean normal 1 Ltr. Bottles).
    5. There is a fair amount of turbo lag below 1800RPM.
    6. The gear throw is fairly long while the shift quality is rubbery too. It’s not a slick, short unit like the Vento. The clutch pedal is fairly light to use though and won’t cause grief.
    7. Audio quality is strictly average.
    8. Fiat needs to put in a real effort to improve their after sales service.
  3. VNA

VNA

Mysore
    There is no doubt that the sales and service part both are upsetting in the case of FIAT Cars, as TATA people treat all customers as cab drivers. But what to do? we can't find another car like Linea in India. Precious things are always found with filthy ones, like lotus in sludge and roses with prickles!
    if the most heard proverb to be quoted once again - One has to be ready to loose something to get something special!
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    The USB drive was not working at all in my Linea. The part was not available during the second service, so had to be ordered. The dealer wanted to replace only the USB socket but it was not to be. Even after replacing the USB socket the media player did not work. Finally the whole "Blue & Me" assembly was taken out from a showroom car and placed in my car and it worked. The part that was replaced looked something as follows :

IMG_20130615_132511.jpg

IMG_20130615_132441.jpg

There was another problem with the left side door lock. During the second service, they did some "jugaad" which could not hold for more than a couple of days. This time they diagnosed the problem with the lock assembly. As the part was not readily available, it has been ordered and the wait continues.

On the same day when I was returning from Raipur, I had an accident.
    I was in a queue on a toll plaza with a big truck behind me. From somewhere this person came bypassing all the vehicles in the queue and in his effort to enter the queue between me and the truck behind, he hit my car at the back slightly from the left side. The result was that there was a huge dent in the bumper of the Linea and there was a crack in the plastic.

IMG_20130615_175142.jpg

Post restoration picture :
    IMG_20130618_085220.jpg

But the crack in the plastic remains. Only way is to have a plastic welding and repainting the bumper.
    IMG_20130618_085230.jpg
  5. Sorry to see your linea suffer because of a jerk, but did he pay for this? As this happened at a toll, those toll guys can be of great help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    The "White Knight" completed one year on 27th July.
    It was raining heavily in CG for the past week or so.
    So there was no point is cleaning the car on it's birthday and so no pictures of the birthday baby.

However, yesterday the car crossed another milestone in it's journey.

IMG_20130811_185712.jpg

IMG_20130812_084220.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  7. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    A new milestone achieved in the life of my Linea.

Thought it was worth sharing with all of you.

IMG_20131211_114925.jpg

IMG_20131222_182021.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ good going Arryan :)! looks like you wake up early on holidays to take her out for a spin ;)
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    The WhiteKnight crossed another milestone in it's life.

IMG_20140215_175537.jpg

On the contrary it was in the evening, I like to sleep on the Sunday mornings.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the milestone.
    What about the crack in bumper which came few months back? Are you living with it or fixed it?

:eek:fftopic I am also from Bhilai/Raipur. Its nice to see some one from hometown here.
    By the way Did you changed your handle? I guess your earlier handle was Sommos; if I am not wrong. :)
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014