1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The "White Knight" comes home - Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD BNW

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Arryan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arryan,
    this is where we are suffering from TATA-FIAT JV and not getting solved the problem in a single go,these people are not really skilled,i request you to complaint workshop manager about the quality/skills of the work and also write email to FIAT.Recently i have done the same thing.
  2. Aryan,Congrats on your White Knight and I sat in the Linea today.I was much impressed.This i going to be my next car.
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks ferrari. It is indeed a very good car.

Ganges I agree with you but changing the gasket does not require any special skill.

Continuing from my earlier post, the car was delivered back in the evening after changing the gasket of the fuel gauge. The workshop incharge personally assured me that he has inspected the whole thing and the problem has been rectified. He also informed me that the SA had taken a test drive and confirmed that there is no more leakage. Later on while taking delivery I noticed that they have actually driven the car for 20KM (a pretty long test drive) and the car was full of mud on the right side. I showed the things to the workshop manager but decided against making a fuss as I was already late for home.

Today morning when I inspected the underbody, the leakage was greatly reduced but there were still some drops of diesel on the floor.

Had no other option but to shoot a mail to Mangesh and Rajeev Kapoor on the issue. Hoping to get some response from their side.
  4. This repetition or repeat repair is really painful. Are the technicians not competent enough? This raises a question on the effectiveness of training (for Fiat's products) they had undergone (if any). Are such things really hard to manage or avoid? After doing a test drive of 20 KM, issue is still there!

Hope such things would vanish or become one off case after Fiat comes up with independent dealership.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  5. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Friends I think I have over reacted with the diesel leakage issue.

The leakage stopped after the first day. I was very apprehensive and thought that it maybe because the fuel level has gone down in the tank.
    The mail to Fiat did generate the response as expected, but I requested all concerned to keep it live till I get a tankful again.
    I have got the next tankful and there is no leakage for the last three days. As a result I have closed the complain.

Overall I should say that I am satisfied, only grudge is that I had to visit TASS twice.

I am stuck with the RTO procedures. Got my registration no. from the dealer two days back but yet to get the papers. For this reason i cannot take the car out for a long drive. Only daily commuting to office and nearby shopping etc. for the family. My car has just completed one month and the odo reads 1109 KM. Getting a mileage of 15 KMPL as tankful-to-tankful and 16.51KMPL as per MID with ACC at 22.

I never got the space or the oppurtunity to go above 80KMPH within the city but I feel the car becomes heavy after that. I don't know whether this is because the car is still very new or there is other issue. What ever it is I would like to park this issue till the first servicing.

I am really waiting for the day when I can take my car out on the highway.

The first milestone (crossing 1000KM) :-
    IMG_20120826_130557.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. My hearty congrats Arryan .

This is a very good mileage in city .

Ajit
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Can you please take a proper photo of your alloys and post it here Please?
    I'm planning on buying alloys and have some other ideas for those alloys.. I just want to see if my ideas can match with linea alloys..
    Please fill in these details as well..

Car Manufacture date :
    Tyre Profile:

It would be really helpful if you can post pics and fill in the above details.
    Thanks
  8. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ajit.

@TheBlack : The pic is already uploaded at post #25. I don't have any more pics of the tyre & alloys. Hope this serves your purpose.
  9. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Even ma car was felt heavy.but things are changing after first service,and having noticeable difference after 8000kms.Now motors revs freely and is happy to deliver the speed that ma right foot demandz for.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yeah saw that.. sorry for the post. Saw it after i posted.