1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The "White Knight" comes home - Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD BNW

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Arryan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No probs buddy! Enjoy your ride :D
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Congratulations on the car! I've heard that 2012 Linea has Much better plastics,Is that true?? How do you find the plastic quality??
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks, Fiat1100.

Thanks, Saharsh. I have not seen the earlier Linea so I can't really comment. The interiors are at par with the 2011 Tjet+, and I think that shoul be an improvement over the earlier model.

Saharsh, hope the above will answer your question.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Congratulations Arryan!. I beat you to my 1.3 MJD Emotion BNW by just 2 days. Got it on 25/07/2012. Am attempting to share some pics. Hope they upload:

Just some observations I have had driving my car for the past 2 weeks:

1) The car is a big learning curve [had an Alto before so that makes it worse]. It's heavy and lumbering until momentum takes over. Have had to change my driving style from 'zippy and aggressive' to 'smooth and linear'.

2) Did you get the 16" alloy wheels as spare? I heard that Linea's being manufactured post May were coming with 15" steel rims. I was lucky to get the 16" alloys.

3) Did a 200 km drive from Mumbai to Pune last weekend [kept the car within 2500 rpm]. Drive was fantastic. But the funny thing is that at lower revs the diesel engine is smooth and silent - it feels like a 'gliding angel'. I like it a lot like that. But as the revs get higher the car feels beastly. Am yet to get used to this feeling about the car.

4) Clutch play is long - but surprisingly have already gotten used to it in just 2 weeks - no problems there.

5) The Goodyear do make a lot of noise. But will learn to live with it for now.

6) The auto rain sensing wipers do take some time getting used to. I used to find then running at full speed even when there was barely a drizzle. My suggestion is to put it on auto and let it be for a few days. After that you will not be able to live without it. It's a godsend.

7) I find the auto-headlamps quite useless. Even at the lowest setting they go on when there is quite a lot of light. So prefer the manual work there.

There's so much to the Linea that one can just go on. But will stop for now.

Happy motoring to you.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Yes it definitely has better plastics. sore points being the ac vents [really cheap plastic], bonnet lever and seat height and recline levers. Rest all is great and premium looking.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    First week with the "White Knight" - my experience

Just spent a week with the new car. The odometer read 350 KM as on 04/08/2012. The feeling is obviously awesome. The acclamatisation process is still on and I am yet to be fully familiar with the new car.

The light and the wiper stalks being on just opposite sides to the Indian versions has been the biggest problem so far. Very often I end up using the wiper instead of the head light.

The seatbelt warning was another big problem that I was never used to. Every time I used to start the car without fixing the seatbelt and had to stop because of the irritant buzzer. It has now become a regular habbit after the initial couple of days.

Migrating from the petrol hatchback to a bigger diesel requires some relearning and changing of habbits. First, start the engine and stop for a minute before you can drive off. Similar process before stopping the engine. This was never required in my earlier cars, as such this is one thing that I need to remember specially every time I use the car. The car definitely seemed very heavy to drive initially and I could seldom take it to the top gear. My earlier petrol cars were so smooth to drive in the city traffic, but not this car. One reason maybe I am extra cautious about the new car or maybe I am yet to learn the driving dynamics of a diesel sedan.

About the car my first impression is exellent. I have not faced any niggles so far (touchwood). The doors require an extra effort to close and closes with a thud. The internal plastics are fine, surely not like the Vento but nothing to grudge about. The panel gaps, both inside and outside, are consistent. So much have been heard about the inconsistent panel gaps in the Linea, but I did'nt find anything of that sort.

The music system is nothing to write about but I certainly found it sufficient for the time being. The Blue & Me is still a favourite pastime for my son in the evening. He is trying hard to come to terms with the lady, but she seems to be very adamant. On my part, all my trials with the lady have failed to yeild any final result. Every time I pronounce "two" she understands "Zero". My son has shown me a way to select the name from the steering control and make a call. However, receiving calls while driving is smooth and easy.

I never found the auto headlight to be a very useful feature except when using a basement parking. I found the rain sensing wiper somewhat erratic in behaviour. It would move at a certain speed and suddenly it moves faster for two / three rounds and then comes back to the normal speed.

It gives a lot of smile when you can fill up the tank at Rs. 1800.00. The mileage currently shown in the MID is 16.7KMPL. I never got the oppurtunity to take it on a long drive on the highway. Currently driving it very cautiously under 2500RPM and the fastest that I have achieved is 100KMPH at 2000RPM in 5th gear.

Got the paint protection and underbody coating from 3M. Overall very satisfied with the car. The dealer have not provided the mud flaps, hence having a hell of a time keeping the car clean in the rainy season. However got some opputunity to click some pictures.

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

The Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres
    DSC00128.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

I really love this angle
    DSC00130.jpg

The front seats
    DSC00131.jpg

The rear seats
    DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

Something that Fiat will never learn to do properly :
    DSC00140.jpg

And, I love this angle too
    DSC00141.jpg
    9 people like this.
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Why is ur car touching atree in one of the pic??

Ur beauty can easily get scratched...please avoid
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This was my observation too! Its pretty close to the tree. Linea in BNW is looking simply stunning!
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Cool colour for the Beast.
    take more precaution while parking...
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks, Ryan and Congratulations to you too for your car.

@puntostat, @punto_emotion and @Tony : Thanks to all of you for your concern. The place where I park my car (in front of my house) has two trees; one is visible in the pics and the other one is a bigger one at the front. I'll get it trimmed on Sunday so that the twigs don't touch the car.
  10. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Got the first taste of FIAT (niggles)

On 15/08/2012 evening while taking the car out of the garage, I saw the mark of some oil on the floor.
    Immediately got under the car to check out the source. To my utter dismay it was diesel, leaking somewhere from the fuel tank.

So took the car on 16/08/2012 to the service centre. The service incharge promptly called a service advisor and instructed to get the job done immediately. The car was taken in, they ckecked from beneath they did something at the rear seat and returned the car within half an hour. The SA informed me that the float was not tightened properly and the leakage was from there and not the bottom of the tank.

Today morning I checked beneath the car and there was diesel marks on the floor.

So again took the car to the service centre. This time they allowed me to go inside the workshop and showed me the place from where the diesel is leaking. But the car would be returned only in the evening. Sincerely hope that the service centre people rectifies the problem fully.