1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The "White Knight" comes home - Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD BNW

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Arryan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    The decision to upgrade to sedan class was taken by me sometime in late 2011. The search for the new sedan began sometime in early 2012. I preferred to shift to diesel obviously for the ever rising petrol prices and favoured the Vento but after a TD the Vento was rejected by the family and they decided on the City. I was clearly outnumbered in the democratic process and the City was almost chosen. It was at this point that I logged into TFI and came to know about the Linea. The car was attractive but I always thought (like so many other people) that this car is underpowered. After going through the various ownership reviews in TFI, I decided to give Linea a try and booked for the TD request online.

This one action later on changed the whole scenario for me. I would like to specially thank Sri. J. Ravi and Dr. Bala (from Carwale) for greatly influencing my decision. My wife loved the car at first sight and after three TD of the Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD I too fell for this car. Details can be viewed in this link : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/what-car/...onda-city-2012-ot-fiat-linea-mjd-emotion.html

This part was the most horrible part of the whole love story and the details can be viewed in the following link : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealership-reviews/6776-sairam-automobiles-bhilai-chhattisgarh.html

I had already made up my mind to go forward with the purchase inspite of the fact that the car did not have the “H” symbol. The clarification received from Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar helped to remove the remaining doubts in my mind. The purchase was finally made on 27/07/2012 and I got the delivery of the car.

First glimpses of the car before delivery

The functions being explained to my son

IMG_20120727_182944.jpg IMG_20120727_183001.jpg

The keys being handed over to my son

The odometer before delivery
    10 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Arryan,
    Congratzs for your linea,BNW rocks !!!
    Happy Miles with more Smiles
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

What's that alpha numeric code on the ODO? Never seen that before!
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Congratulations and best wishes, Arryan. Explore and enjoy your lovely Linea. Please go through the owner's handbook and acquaint with the features of your Linea.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  5. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Thanks. The code is nothing but the display for the song being played in the media player.

Thanks, Sir. I'll go through the handbook very soon.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Congratulations Arryan!! Wish you mile and mile of happy and safe driving :)

You got your beauty on 27/7/12 exactly a month after I got mine (27/06/2012) :) So we share same delivery date (with different month) of our beloved!!

BTW, why H symbol is not there even though odo reads 13 KM? Not sure if you have explained this in another thread?
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Congrats! That Lady in White just looks awesome! I just love those T-jet spec wheels. I really think what if i bought my car in 2012?! :D
    Drive safe!
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

gonuguptha, That is exactly what even I was about to ask..
    Arryan can you please clarify to us why you dont have the H being displayed?
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Thanks, Ganges.

Thanks, Gonugupta. Yes we share the same date of delivery.

Thanks, Jishnu.

The whole story is narrated in my booking and delivery experience thread. The link is as follows : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealership-reviews/6776-sairam-automobiles-bhilai-chhattisgarh.html

However, since you and Gonugupta have asked the question in this thread, I would like to narrate the whole thing again.

When I first saw the car at the dealership, it was having only 3KM on the odo but very surprisingly the "H" symbol was missing. That raised a doubt in my mind. I got an honest confirmation from the security guard (at the dealer premises) that the car has been unloaded at 11:00AM on 24/07/2012, the same day that I saw the car. I immediately checked the spikes on the tyres. The spikes were present on all the four tyres, somewhat more on the rear ones than the front tyres but it was there on all the four tyres. I came to a conclusion that someone somewhere has reset the odo but the car has not travelled much and I decided to go ahead with the purchase. I had some issues with the dealer for which I had already complained to CEO of Fiat and had also threatened to cancel the booking. The dealer was under stress already with all such issues and they would not do such a thing as resetting the odo. The dealer was honest enough in providing me regular updates about the car from the date it left the factory (on 20/07/2012) till its arrival at the dealership. They informed me at 11:30 AM about the arrival and offered me to inspect the car. I the raised the issue to CEO of Fiat and to high authorities at TMIL. The reply given by Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar regarding this issue is reproduced below, which confirmed that the odo has been reset at the factory itself. This was further confirmed by another mail from Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar on 27/07/2012. I was not aware of such things and I have never come across such an incidence in the forum in the past.

Hope this satisfies all your queries.
  10. I do agree the booking till delivery part is the most disturbing phase of owning a Fiat car,every now and then they change their word.It gets hard to makeout what they really want to say at times..Just giving me sleepless nights..

Btw,that is a Knight indeed,it looks excellent..Post somemore pics plzz..its a treat for the eyes:up