1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"The White Hulk" - Linea MJD Emotion 2014.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by King CM, Jul 21, 2014.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @All - I had made a trip to Coimbatore during 2014 Dusshera Holidays in October.
    The trip from Bangalore to Coimbatore was smooth as the roads are good.
    The route taken was Bangalore->Krishnagiri->Dharmapuri->Thopur->Omalur->Sankagiri->Vijayamangalam->Coimbatore
    Except for the last stretch after Avinashi for around 70Kms, the roads all through was good.
    The last stretch has some unfinished roads and unexpected speed breakers on flyovers, causing to slow down.

Trip was planned for 3 days to visit,
    Aliyar (Dam & Temple of Consciousness)
    Monkey Falls
    Valparai
    Pateeswarar Temple - Perur.
    Maasaniammam Temple - CBE
    Coimbatore local shopping.

PS: Actual trip was planned for Kudremukh, near Chikmagalur. But unfortunately there was too much of rain forecasted and so dropped the plan.

Started from Bangalore around 4.00 pm in the Evening on Day 0 and Reached Coimbatore by 10.45 pm. Supposed to reach by 9.30 pm, but due to Toll Gate traffic in Attibele & Electronic City,Bangalore, it got delayed.
    Also, the last bad stretch near coimbatore brought down the average speed badly.

Overall it was a nice trip with my Family, and I was the sole driver enjoying the linea drive.
    All through, AC was on as i didnt want any dust getting inside my new linea.
    And as this was my first highway ride after the Engine Run-in period.
    So could leash the complete potential on the highway.

Day 1:
    Day 1 plan was to cover Aliyar Dam, Temple of Consciousness(TOC), Monkey Falls & Valparai
    Due to delay in visiting TOC(it gets closed for lunch), had to cancel Valparai and added masaniammam temple.
    And we had to come back to Pollachi for lunch and then again visit TOC.
    Posting some pics from my travel to Coimbatore.

Day 0 - Reached Krishnagiri A2B @ almost 6.20 pm. Had some snacks and left by 7.00 pm
    DSC03136.JPG
    DSC03138.jpg

Day 1 - The stay was at Prince Gardens, Gandhipuram for 2 days. A decent hotel for family stay. Rooms and Rest Rooms were Neat.
    DSC03142.jpg

Linea Parked inside the Hotel.
    DSC03143.jpg

The Restaurant in the Hotel. Breakfast was complimentary. Pure South Indian with quite some varieties and a juice,toast as well.
    Taste was authentic and yummy. We filled quite a good amount of Idlies/Vada & other stuff as we expected a late lunch.
    DSC03145.JPG

An aquarium fish snapped in the hotel lounge.
    DSC03153.JPG

Linea ready for the Day 1 Trip. Started @ 10.00 AM towards Pollachi.
    DSC03155.jpg

Reached Aaliyar around 12.30 pm. Scenic View @ Aaliyar enroute to Monkey Falls.
    DSC03170.JPG

2 More views there
    DSC03175.JPG

DSC03177.JPG

DSC03178.JPG

DSC03181.JPG

DSC03183.JPG

DSC03196.JPG

DSC03197.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2015 ---
    Day 1 Continued... I missed the Edit Window and couldnt post text info. Posted below

Monkey Falls:
    Reached Monkey Falls around 1.00 pm. Found some decent parking as it in the Ghat section and was worried about the Hulk as it was just 2.5 months old.
    Monkey Falls was a surprise as i had not expected this much height and did not search it in google as well during planning.
    Stayed there for 1 hour and left by 2.30 pm towards TOC.
    Temple Of Consciousness:
    TOC is not very far away from Monkey Falls and you have to come back towards pollachi. As I reached TOC, they informed that it is closed for Lunch time and to come back around 4.00 pm.

Our plan was to visit TOC and if possible have lunch there itself. But we had to drive till pollachi, as I couldnt find any decent hotel on the way. After having a OK lunch(not so good), headed back again to TOC. It is a good visit if you are interested in Vedhathri Maharishi and spiritual domain.
    Even otherwise you can stroll for 30 mins. We approached the Front office, took some tickets, a guide and visited the place for around 2 hours. Photos were not allowed, could manage only 3 and 1 of it I had posted in my earlier post.

MaasaniAmman Temple Visit:
    After TOC, left towards Maasaniamman temple around 6.00 pm and reached there around 7.00 pm. This temple has Amman in the lying position and quite a big idol. Had a nice dharshan and left the temple around 8.00 pm to crash for the day.
    Sorry, No photos for the temple, but you can google for this temple and get some info.

Thats it for Day 1. Will update more tomorrow about Day2.
    Till then Enjoy the Pics.
    - CM
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The new Linea looks awesome in white.
    King CM likes this.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Nice snaps and a very quick run to 10,000 kms!
    King CM likes this.
  4. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @All
    Got stuck up with both professional and personal commitments. So, could not update the Day 2 and few other pics. Doing it in the next post.

@varin11
    Yes, White looks good on a car with less muscles(cut)
    Yes. Linea pushes you to take it on highways. Cant resist. Planning for another 1200-1400 Km shortly. But Compared to @arun_josie, this is all small.
    - CM
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 27, 2015 ---
    Day2 in Coimbatore started on a lazy note with people getting up late and having a comfortable breakfast till 10.00 AM.
    The only plan for the day were Kovai Kutraalam(Water falls) & Patteeswarar Temple.

Kovai Kutraalam was not so exciting as the Monkey Falls, from a waterfalls per-se.
    We had to roll in the streams to get wet than really standing under the falls.
    But neverthless the route was exciting to drive and you reach a place beyond which you have to take the Vans which drive into the forest range about few Kms and then walk for around 1 Km to reach the falls. All that part was quite exciting for my kid and the family.

Few pics below
    The Hulk Washed and ready for the Day2 trip
    DSC03205.jpg

It was Dusherra & Hulk accepted a Garland from me on the occassion on Ayodha Pooja day when you pamper your vehicles
    DSC03209_20150127112536817.jpg

Walking Enroute to the Falls
    DSC03214.jpg

Still Walking amidst the greenery..
    DSC03217.JPG

About to reach the Falls.
    DSC03220.JPG

DSC03228.JPG

After this visited the Patteeswarar Temple and returned back to the hotel stay.

Thats about the CBE Trip. Will post more pics on my trip to mysore & chennai and some more random pics after sometime.

- CM

Meanwhile I have reached the 14000 Km mark and given the Hulk for its Second Free(so called) SPA session in KHT FIAT today.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  5. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Had been to Mysore and chennai. Some random pics.

DSC03300.JPG

DSC03304.jpg

DSC03307.jpg

DSC03313.jpg

DSC03323.JPG

DSC03329.JPG

CAM00403.jpg

- CM

Some pics added from one of Farm visits will follow as well.
    PradeepM and nbvcrao like this.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi King CM,

Thanks for the wonderful review, pictures and updates. It played a role in my decision to buy a Linea MJD.
    I got the delivery of my Linea MJD Emotion - Pearl white last weekend (KHT Fiat near Graphite India, Whitefield). Been busy so wasn't able to share pics and intial impressions in the forum. Will do it in the coming weeks.
    I am also in Bangalore. (Home near CV Raman Nagar and office in Whitefield)

Just a few points to clarify since you are in Bangalore.
    - What's the mileage you get in bumper to bumper stop-go traffic where shift to 1,2,3 frequently. I know it's too early to judge or assess. Just curious looking at the Avg consumption. I get around 11-12.5 in bad traffic like in Tin Factory-KR puram stretch. It had even gone to 10-11. but it jumps to 12.7 - 13+ if I get a free stretch.
    - Where have you done the paint protection and can you please share the costs and experience? Have you done any underbody coating?
    - Did you follow any run-in procedure initially? if so please share.
    - I agree to your point that the initial lag is oversold. It's just a matter of time you get familiar with the engine power delivery.
    - I do get road undulations transferred to steering - but I believe it's normal for a hydraulic uinit as some fellow member mentioned (?)

Have a great time with the white hulk!

Regards,
  7. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the compliments, which should directly be attributed to FIAT for making such a wonderful vehicle. And Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy it to the fullest !!

- What's the mileage you get in bumper to bumper stop-go traffic where shift to 1,2,3 frequently. I know it's too early to judge or assess. Just curious looking at the Avg consumption. I get around 11-12.5 in bad traffic like in Tin Factory-KR puram stretch. It had even gone to 10-11. but it jumps to 12.7 - 13+ if I get a free stretch.
    >>It varied around 12~14. Yes, for me even it was around 10~11 earlier. I say "was", as i have stopped noting it. May be will check it for you and give you an update within few days. Just FYI, I have reached 16K kms now, that being one of the reasons for stopping to note the mileage :).

- Where have you done the paint protection and can you please share the costs and experience? Have you done any underbody coating?
    >>I have done the Paint Protection from Ultimate Detailerz, in C.V.Raman Nagar, Varsova layout to be precise, from Mr.Mohsin, a thorough professional. I hope you can get his contact details from one of the threads or his page. You can mention my name and White Linea. He should remember.

- Did you follow any run-in procedure initially? if so please share.
    >>Yes. I had followed run~in period for ~2K,
    Though i had pushed the RPM beyond 3K occasionally, in 5th, during the run~in period. Could'nt resist on the Chennai Highway. ;)

- I agree to your point that the initial lag is oversold. It's just a matter of time you get familiar with the engine power delivery.
    >>Good that you got this early. If you carefully observe, you will note a certain lag when the fuel is a little more than half tank and also when it is close to getting to reserve. Apart from that i didnt observe lag at all, atleast when i drive alone(with A/C). My tip would be not to stay in 1st gear at all even for a short period, Just move it to 2nd and then around 2000 RPM, move it to 3rd quickly.

- I do get road undulations transferred to steering - but I believe it's normal for a hydraulic uinit as some fellow member mentioned (?)
    >>Yes, it seems so, for a hydraulic unit, but you will miss it after sometime, if you switch to(drive) some other vehicle for a short time even.

Enjoy your ride.

Finally, Extremely sorry for missing your PM on PDI. Just saw the PM today.
    Dont hesitate to PM me again for anything, I shall keep a special watch on the PMs.
    - CM
    Saji Babu and prabhjot like this.
  8. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lot!
    Ultimate Detailerz seems to be very close to my home! Will check it this weekend.
    How much did they charge for a Paint protection for your White Hulk?

May be we should meet sometime if you stay somewhere close by.
    Good day!
    Vishi likes this.
  9. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @All - Updating after quite sometime , due to professional commitments and laziness ;).

@ 14050 Km on Odo - Did my 15K 2nd Service @ a cost of Rs.5956/-
    White Hulk was there @ KHT FASS for 2 days and delivered.
    Did an early service 1K Km before, as I had planned for a long trip for ~2000 Kms.
    70% Problems addressed.
    Left Pulling and Wiper Screech noise problem not addressed (Still pending for FCA Inspection).
    FASS says Wiper Screech problem is a birth defect for White Hulk (>=2014 models).
    Not convinced. I am yet to get an official confirmation from FCA on this.
    Satisfactory service from FASS.
    Learning and Advise - Build a good relationship with FASS people. They will support you.
    Some problems are out of their control which might look trivial for us.
    But we need to be patient and get it done.(might require mutliple visits, but with genuine effort from their side)
    If you are multilingual try switching languages with the Service boys and do a chit chat. It helps. :)
    But be stern on your expectation.
    Pardon me for too much of advice, but I am just giving tips for a better & positive experience with FASS.

@ 16620 Km - Did an Interior Cleaning with UV Protection for Rs.2500/- @ Ultimate Detailerz, CV Raman Nagar, Bangalore.
    Experience - Good.
    May be next time will try 3M to check the experience there.
    I have not set a frequency for Interior Cleaning. May be once in 6 months would do.
    Any suggestions are welcome on this.

@ 19053 Km - Did a Tire Rotation/Wheel Alignment @ Madhus, Bangalore @ a cost of Rs.570/- (First one was done @ 8,826 Km)
    Madhus and team are thorough professionals in their job and I would recommend.
    After this, made a trip to Yercaud and observed that Steering IDLE position was little bit towards left.
    Got it corrected from them after the trip @ zero cost (After 1 month :))

@20775 km - Did ECU update @ FASS free camp. Totally changed 1st and 2nd driveability. Even 3rd lower RPM has improved requiring lesser down shift. Just a clutch release pushes the vehicle forward. Somedays i observe that even the steering becomes smooth along with gear and accelerator. Earlier i was contemplating Wolfing to improve driveability, but currently not required after this ECU update.

1st Anniversary @ ~21K Km - Had planned 3 updates for the 1st Anniversary.

1. Mobile Car holder
    Purely a utilitarian upgrade for usage of Maps during long journeys to unknown cities/towns and highways.
    Did a search offline and online.
    Requirement was to find one which suits the class of Linea Interiors and Less intrusive.
    I somehow was not convinced to go for suction based bigger holders which sit on the windsheild.
    Checked if I could get a holder with longer stem to fix it on the right side quarter glass.
    But did not find a suitable one.
    And finally found below one online, suitable for my liking (900/- @ discount price for 600/-).
    Pros - Less footprint for the feature. Decent looking. Rotation of mobile possible. Easy to Operate.
    Less intrusive. Sturdy based on my experience in Bangalore City Driving(Not yet tried on Highways).
    Cons - Needs a magnet to be fixed on Mobile or Mobile Cover.(albeit a smaller one).
    Kind of permanent fixture. Cannot move like suction cup based holders.(even though you can remove and fix another 3M sticker for a new position).
    It sometimes interferes with the music system Radio as mobile is placed close to the music system.
    After i fixed this, found this to be easily accessible(probably easier than suction holders on wind sheild), as I have a far Seating position for my driver seat.
    20150924_161621.jpg
    20150924_161440.jpg
    20150924_162027.jpg
    20150924_164424.jpg

2. Sill Plates
    This was also an utilitarian choice, as the Door sill area was getting scratches more on the left front passenger side.
    Did not want to spend more on this. Decided for a Non-illuminated one for Rs.725/-, but eventually got below ones(for Rs.2825/-) :)
    Thoroughly satisfied with cool Orange ambience which matches with the interior ambience.
    Serves the purpose and already taking the scratches. Would have preferred to have 2 for the rear Door Areas as well for the same cost. Only concern is during water wash, what might happen to the electricals. Still, a nice one to have.
    CAM01106.jpg
    CAM01102.jpg

CAM01099.jpg

3. Number Plate Change
    This was purely Cosmetic. White Hulk deserved better No plates than the standard IND plates.
    From the start had this itch, but postponed till 1st year Anniversary.
    Gave requirement for plastic type plates, with same Font as "LINEA" as on the back of the car.
    Satisfied with the output for Rs.800/-. This has a chrome/silver lining on the nos which reflect in day/night.
    Looks premium and suits the vehicle. Pics below.
    CAM00953.jpg
    CAM00951.jpg

Maintanence:
    For the 1st 6 months Water Wash was done every 15 days. (Self)
    After that changed the frequency to once a month with MobiSpa - Kaggadaspura Road.
    They charge 250/- and recently 300/- for a foam wash. Decent and well behaved.
    Otherwise only Jopasu dusting once in 3 days.
    Rainy days it looks a little filthier specifically on the lower sides, thanks to moulded mud flaps. Still OK.
    Interiors - I keep dusting with MicroFibre cloth whenever Hulk stops, more opportunities in Bangalore traffic. And I keep windows closed and use AC whenever required, even on highways.

Experiences during this period & Other photos will be posted in the next post. Till then 2 recent Pics after wash.
    - CM

CAM01115.jpg
    CAM01111.jpg

CAM00952.jpg
    Saji Babu and pabhishek like this.
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @King CM , Where are you put up. I think we stay in the same area since the places you mentioned are the ones I go too.. like MobiCarspa and UD!! :)
    King CM likes this.