1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"The White Hulk" - Linea MJD Emotion 2014.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by King CM, Jul 21, 2014.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Hi All TFI-ians,

My Intro thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/12432-probable-fiat-ian.html

"The White Hulk" will be arriving shortly...
    This is the name I have chosen for my ride, after lot of deliberation (Not really :mrgreen:)..
    It was just an instinctive choice based on the sturdiness of the vehicle and not for any muscles Jutting out all over the ride (Pun Intended..for the new age muscular cuts in XYZ brand Cars)

Booked the Linea MJD 2014 Emotion version on 13th July 2014, by paying a small amount.

Had decided to book after lots of input from TeamFiat-ians & took the plunge (below thread for my Pre-sales discussions).

As the Pre-Sales thread got closed, I am penning down my gratitude to all of the TFI-ians who have helped me in the decision making, in this thread.

Thanks to @Ravi, @pabhishek, @mahesh.bandel, @vj_v1, @asimpleson, @5u3zEr0, @harryaviator, @varunrtr, @prabhjot. :up

Inputs were passionate, un-biassed & helped to a greater extent in answering various queries which popped out of my head.

Kudos to all other indirect contributors - All the TFI-ians who have contributed to different threads & helping in the process of deciding.

My next post will be on the PDI done on Saturday - 19th July.

NOTE: I am not a great blogger in any sense, as I have very less experience in blogging or social sites.
    Pardon me for the style of writing/blogging, especially all Esperto bloggers.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Always a pleasure to see someone embrace a nice and sturdy fiat over the (no) competition. ;)

Wish to see more pics soon. A few pics from PDI are welcome too.
    1 person likes this.
  3. King CM

King CM Amatore

The PDI was initially Scheduled for Friday- 12th and got postponed to Sat, as negotiations were still on, for the final price.

Had planned to meet Ultimate Detailerz for checking on Paint Protection the same day morning and go for the PDI in the noon.

Called up UD in the morning and came to know that Mr. Mohsin was out of town and wont be available for a week. Small Disappointment.

Next target was to buy a USB Drive to use it for checking during the PDI. Also, wanted to buy a OTG Cable to connect the USB Drive to my phone.

Went to a nearby Mall and found a Mobile Accessories shop where they had Sony USB Drive and some non-branded OTG Cable (600 + 350 bucks)

Decided to explore more as I was looking for a compact USB which will snug fit into the Car USB Slot. Like this

Found Reliance Digital in one of the floors and they had only 16 GB Drives.
    But to my surprise, had a combo sandisk drive, which can plug into PC and also the phone(No need of OTG Cable).
    Paid Rs.800 and purchased it. (Later came to know that costs only 600 on amazon. :()
    Amazon.in: Buy SanDisk Ultra 16GB Micro USB 2.0 OTG Pen Drive Online at Low Prices in India | SanDisk Reviews & Ratings

Reached KHT Stockyard at 1.30 pm and the White Hulk was cleaned(kind of) & ready to be inspected.

As per the checklist, Noted the VIN (both below the front left passenger foot well and the boot area). Noted and decoded, found to be of March 2014 manufacturing.
    Noted the ODO reading to be H 29 and was happy that it has not been used much. (Noted the tyre as well for the wear/tear, still the small spikes were visible prominently)

Started with the Exteriors & found minute paint or pencil marks on the Left Rear door side. Noted down and took a pic.

After investigating the body, boot area, doors and bonnet, found few more things.

1. The minute paint or pencil mark.

2. Some rubber flip was missing in the boot lid.

3. There was a kind of bird poop or air bubble on the Driver Window Glass.

4. On the IRVM fixture, there was some air bubble, as in below pic.

After the exteriors, checked all the interiors.

And also, Meanwhile got some brief intro from SA (Mr. Aftab) on the ICE & Blue&Me usage to check CD/USB Drive.
    He said that please use 4GB or 8GB USB Drive max.
    Usage of 16 GB might cause some ICE problem in the long run. Was not very convinced about what would really happen.

But agreed to the point that some Devices might not detect or malfunction with higher capacity Pen Drives or Cards.
    Every OEM product is regressed for accomodating a specific size of Usb Drive or SD Card and using anything beyond doesnot guarantee full functionality.
    But this limit is never given on paper for most of the products :A

We tried the Blue & Me with both our voices and it worked well for Next, Previous, dial, etc.
    Thinking that Will explore more on this later, moved on to the Climate Control and got a bit of explanation on this as well from the SA.

From my observation & IMHO, the stock speakers are sufficient enough to listen to any old songs or newer.
    If you want it to be louder or need crispier details of the freq. , might need an upgrade. (Not on my 1st year Upgrade List though :)).

Checked all the ORVMs, Windows up/down, door lock/unlock and was satisfied with them as everything worked fine there as well.

Opened the bonnet and found the Engine no and took a pic of that as well. There was a kind of rust or deposit around the Engine No plate, which i was not able to conclude.
    Please comment.

I deliberately left few of the PDI for check during delivery (specifically the "Other Items" Section & "Drive" part in the PDF).

Took few exterior pics as well and waiting to conclude from KHT on the 4 Items listed for fixing.

"White Hulk" Side Profile

Viaggio Inspired Grill..White Hulk Smiling..(with braces on his teeth:D). And tats my Current Ride - 9 year Old Indigo in the backdrop..partially visible.

Hulk's Big Boot

Tats it from me on the PDI.
    Need your inputs on the PDI Issue items.
    FYI.. they have only 1 white in stock. I dont want to delay further..:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  4. RDY

RDY Timido

Congratulations... You seems to be the first one to have the new one reviewed.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Just take the car. The rubber thing can be arranged later or ignored for now. The glass needs to be rechecked and please inform via email only all the issues to the CRM of the dealership. Always better to have email communication proof. So Fiat can intervene on your behalf later if need be.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to see you did PDI so seriously, believe me most of us just take the delivery, without looking for small things. But doing detailed PDI, you will be relaxed.

All items you found are minors, and I am sure KHT should be able to make it perfect for you before delivery.

Now looking forward for your delivery and drive report.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Congratulations CM,Impressive pics
    Nice to see such a detailed PDI carried by you,just take the delivery,you can get them corrected afterwards as these are minor & KHT will be able to do these minor things corrected,now waiting to see more from this thread with more pics
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Contrary to what Nadeem posted. Get the issues sorted out before delivery be it any dealer. I took delivery of my linea once the issues noted during PDI was sorted out. Else doing a PDI before delivery becomes pointless.

Getting these fixed before delivery is ideal since these issues should not have been present at the first place on a new car.
    3 people like this.
  9. King CM

King CM Amatore

@RDY - Thanks !! About "First one to Review" - On the Onwership Section Per Se, Yes. But I saw some brief ownership updates in some other Section of the Forum(Probably Intro Section). Mods can correct me if I am wrong.

@asimpleson - Yes. I have Informed them through mail already with PICS. But not to the CRM, only to the Sales Mail ID. If somebody can provide me KHT Caffe, Bangalore CRM Mail ID, I can mark a CC to them as well.

@Ravi - With these pending issues, as of today, I would be getting the delivery after 1 Week (Mostly on 30th). The 4th Issue, IRVM Air bubble seems to require some approval from FIAT and then they would take up the work and finally do RTO procedure. I am yet to get a clear confirmation/communication from them on this. They are supposed to commit the exact delivery date by today. So..waiting.
    Will update Delivery and drive report after that.
    PS ::T And thanks for correcting the tilted image of the Boot Pic. I couldnt do as I uploaded pics from mobile.

@Nadeem - Thanks Nadeem. Apart from the other 3 issues, 4th issue seems to be major, in terms of cost & work, as they might have to replace the windshield(Still not confirmed). If it was just minor issues, i would have taken delivery.

@nkrishnap - Thanks for stopping by. I have read many of your threads and reviews.
    I reflect your point, that the liability stays with the dealer before delivery for such issues. That is what I have communicated with the SA and it should go through.
    Post delivery, you would be juxtaposed between SA & ASS to follow up & chase for this to be completed. So, trying my best to get it done before delivery. :rolleyes:

- CM
    1 person likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    You can ask them for CRM sales/service Name, email id and mobile/landline with extn. no. which they must provide.
    Try sending an email on this -- customercare@khtfiatcaffe.com

Plot No.92, Amarjyothi layout Kormangala Intermediate Ring Road,
    Bangalore, Karnataka, 560071
    Phone: 09035002264/9035002267

KHT Agencies Pvt Ltd
    FIAT CAFFE, Plot # 92, Amarjyothi Layout, Kormangala Intermediate Ring Road, Bangalore - 560071 , Bangalore, Karnataka, 560071
    Phone: 9035002264 / 8494900555, 08042594444