1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : True That! I am too taking my Avventura for a off road crater roading through MP next month, Lets see if it is able to fulfill the purpose of its purchase ;)
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, Fiat's warranty is the best in class. Linea/Punto: 5 yrs/1.5L Kms except for Avventura. Standard warranty covered is for 3 years than 2 years which is a standard practice by other manufacturers.
    Warranty details for some of the other companies:
    1. Honda: 2yr/40K Kms. Option for Extended warranty till 4yrs/80k Kms or even 7 years/1Lakh Kms . But, may be the 7 year option needs to be renewed every year. Cost of extended warranty is higher than being charged by Fiat.
    2. Maruti: 2yr/40K Kms, with option till 4yrs/80K Kms.
    3. Ford: Extended warranty till 5yrs/100K Kms.

Also, cost of others' warranties would be much higher.

@Rahul Singh,
    Don't bother too much. Any major defect, if at all, would appear within 1-2 years itself and it's pretty much covered. Take out the classy "Tempest" on the best and worst of highways and share your experience.
    Rahul Singh and prabhjot like this.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday noticed a white Avventura near doddenakundi total mall signal, Was it you?
  4. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @pdash : Nope, that wasn't me, My Tempest has a "Built Like a Tank" sticker on rear and TFI sticker on front number plate.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Happy new year every one
    There is a sad news guys.
    My car was to be delivered on 5 jan 2015.
    All the formalities and payment was cleared. Today we went to showroom to have a look at the car that would be delivered to us. I was highly disappointed.
    1) 89 kms on the odo
    2) Dirty tyres
    3) No plastic wraps on dashboard neither on the seats.
    4) Few very small scratches on music system.
    5) The rear quarter panel on the inner side had 3-4 scratches, so deep that paint was peeled off, later found that this due to seat belt buckle stuck in between the door and the body.
    6) It , anyhow didn't gave a new-ish feel.

I along with my friends and family noticed these faults on deep look in and around the car.
    I straight out declined that car due to above faults. But what's shocking was the reply of the manager.
    He told they would repair it and then we can have a look at it. Seriously?
    They were not even a percent interested in selling the car. Repeatedly told that we may cancel the car. How casual they are.
    Anyhow my birthday gift is now in deep doubt. Feeling sad on very first day of new year due to all this.

However, wrote a mail to the support team and posted on their facebook page.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2015 ---
    Extremely sorry. Wanted to write this in the review thread.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi @Rohan

The issues sound REALLY minor, you know, to me at least? The kind of thing every PDI throws up.

Get them to sort them out as they are promising, it's NOT a prestige issue between you and sales manager, now, is it?

It's a transaction, man, you know?, keep sentiments out of it. The Avventura is worth it, i'd say, after all you'll have the car for say 4 or five years, why get put off by small stuff at the start . Which dealer is it? Kashyap? They're pretty ok from my experience and knowledge but...

Of course, am only going by what you've stated in your post. What do I know?

Anyway, all the best. Post updates.
  7. Rohan

Rohan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Rohan i will suggest just decline the car and not at all accept a repaired car, that even before delivery to you.
    cancel all these things/deal with this dealer and go to another dealer.
    anyone on earth will not buy a damaged product of any kind, nowadays these online retailers are also taking back their shipments if the products are damaged.
    and this is a car which costs many times more than the online products, do not bow down to the tactics of the sales team.
    you are consumer and you have every right to reject a damaged product.
    who knows this dealer's people may damage your car in future while you give them for servicing.
    change the dealer.
    Rohan likes this.
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Rohan : Even my suggestion is to decline the car. You always have option of going with other dealer. Even if the car is repaired, you will never have the satisfaction during your ownership. Does the odo still shows H89 or only 89? If H is missing then for sure the car has been used by dealer extensively.
    Rohan likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

Don't you think the 'issues' are minor: a few scratches, pretty much? The manager guy may've come across as rude....but change car and dealer for this? I don't know, this degree of delivery irritation/friction is par for the course, am afraid, and am talking Honda and Maruti and Hyundai, forget Fiat.

@Rohan post updates, willya?
    Rohan likes this.