1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Rahul Singh Congrats!!! White looks real classy, enjoy it to the core.

Regarding warranty, Fiat does provide 1.5L Kms/5 year warranty on Linea [September 2014 purchase] and it's mentioned in my warranty certificate. Maybe they have kept it to 1L Kms or some misprinting from their side on your certificate.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    UPDATE:
    Took the vehicle to KHT service today for a quick check on point #4,5 and 6. The bumpiness was definitely due to High air pressure. Alignment was fine. The door latches were adjusted to resolve point #5. However, Point #4 is still unresolved :banghead:. Was getting late for a meeting hence couldn't spend much time or leave the vehicle. Technician was unable to identify the source of this occasional sound :mad:. This is one pending item which i may not be able to get resolved before First service.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    My god! After reading about the rattle I am feeling like changing my booking to Linea.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I just hope they come-up with an elegant fix/replacement part for this issue of rattles. The plastic tape is a stop gap arrangement actually.
    Tornado likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado I don't think he's referring to a rattle from the spare tyre+cover, it's some other occassional rattle 'from the left side'. Why would you let that put you off your decision to go for the Avventura over the Linea? Given what you've described of your needs and style the Avventura's the one, it seems, surely?
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Prabhjot, you are correct, as per my requirements avventura is the right choice but if the spare wheel or any other rattle recurring every now & then can make me handle the Avventura with extremely care especially on bad roads and bumps . This would rob the pleasure of driving a SUV ish car.
    On the other hand, linea TD on worst roads or no roads absolutely rattle free.
    Only factor against Linea was non availability of 1.6 L engine for that size & weight. Also possibility of launch of 1.6 L in near future made me tilt toward Avventura as next new car purchase is due 10 months later. Next car would be purchased with a requirement of carrying four full size adults +two big children. So 1.6 L Linea would be a perfect choice to conquer Sayhadri Ghats where I frequently go on weekends.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado, there can be rattle issues in Linea too. They are more evident on Sahyadri roads, atleast the small no. of patches (ghats) the car had to cross during a recent trip. I am thinking there is some noise coming from near rear quarter glass esp. on very bad roads. :confused:

Avventura is definitely much better for such trips. On such roads for Linea there is a problem of GC even after the raised GC which is not perfect for some pretty bad conditioned roads there; potholes and sometimes even stray stones on road (called Chire in local dialect). We had to replace a damaged lower arm again, inspite of a set of new lower arm fixed recently.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado , @asimpleson : The occasional rattling is not from spare wheel, the main culprit for spare wheel rattling were the two screws in locking mechanism. The tape was put on my insistence and is not the main fix for spare wheel rattling. This is ocassional 'chit-chit' sound which i think is coming from rear right door and is not a major worry. Will get this fixed over first service.

@Tornado: Avventura with it's 1.3 MJD is a delight to drive on any kind of road. The road near my house, OM road to Old Airport Road in Bangalore is in bad shape, still my Avventura glides through it. I have even tried to drive at 80 KMPH just to test my Tempest's road manner and i am satisfied with it's ride quality.

All said, i am a bit disappointed with FIAT QC, the small niggles should never have surfaced had a proper QC check been done. But again, mine is one of the first batch vehicles and like any other manufacturer some niggles were expected. The SA had already warned me about it and promised to sort them out as and when encountered. So far, FASC is sticking to it's promise.
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Extended Warranty Update:

Got a call from SA today and he clarified that Extended Warranty for Avventura indeed covers additional 2 Years but only till 100K KMS where as punto/Linea get additional 2 Years or additional 50k KMS :banghead:. Why this step motherly treatment with Avvy owners FIAT :mad: ?

Looks like FIAT expects lot of issues beyond 100K Kms in Avvy hence this discrimination :wtf:.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul Singh

Still a very good strong warranty, class best: even if you compare with sedans and premium hatches at similar or even much higher prices.

Maybe they feel Avventura owners will actually take them at their word and engage in one too-many automotive avventura-s, off- as much as on-road?! ;)
    Rahul Singh likes this.