1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. bhaskasu

bhaskasu Timido

Chennai
    Happy driving
    Rahul Singh likes this.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    15000 KM service Update:

The Tempest received its 2nd service 3 weeks back. Teh service was done at KHT Fiat Whitefield.

Major complaints:
    1- Spare wheel had started rattling after an adjustment was done to rear hatch lock
    2- Engine feeling sluggish
    3- Right ORVM folds all the way inside of window, normally it leaves a small gap

Solutions:
    1- Lock changed but the rattling has returned. Will have to get it checked again when i go for WA/WB.
    2- Oil change and it has become good again.
    3- Claimed under warranty, the part is yet to be received.

Overall pretty much satisfied with the performance post service. Work is keeping me occupied hence have hardly driven 300 kms in 3 weeks. Plan to take it for a long trip in november (provided m in country by then).
  3. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Any mud flaps and reverse camera for your avy?
  4. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Sir, I'm awaiting the delivery of my 90 HP Evo this month. A small query, regarding the NVH levels in your Avventura. You've written that it's very low, how would you compare it, with regard to the 90 HP Punto Evo ? Do they have nearly the same NVH levels, or drastically different ? Thanks in advance for your reply :)
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This is as per my multiple TDs of the Avvy Diesel. It feels a little more refined than 90 HP in the lower RPMs, but once the engine is in operating temperature, then there isn't any difference in the NVH. It's the tyres and the OVRMs that increase the NVH on high speeds.
    Harsha89 likes this.
  6. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy Thank you for your reply. When I test drove the Avventura, I felt a perceptible difference in NVH levels compared to the 90 HP Evo. But I was confused as both the Avvy and Evo are basically the same car, with the only difference being raised GC, stiffer tweaked suspension, and mild changes to ECU..Some reviewers have said that the Avvy seemed to have beefed up noise insulating materials, resulting in better NVH levels.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89: Another thing worth noticing is the different tuning of Avvy Diesel viz.v Punto 90 HP. Avvy has better response in the 1200-1500 RPM range, which makes it sound smoother in the lower revvs and devoid of diesel clatter.

90 HP still has a low NVH specially till 3000 RPMs and after that even though it increases, the engine sound is so sweet that you won't mind. Still want a better NVH? get dampmats applied to all 4 doors.
    Tornado and gpunto75 like this.
  8. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy Coincidentally, I was browsing online for dampening..would be upgrading the rear units to Infinity co axials as soon as I get my hands on the vehicle and subsequently would damp the doors too..Thanks for the clear up :)
    gpunto75 and Turbothinghy like this.
  9. Gaurang Singh

Gaurang Singh Timido

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.4
    Hey Rahul,

Even I am getting this rattling noise from the the boot-wheel arrangement. Its very annoying as it takes away the pleasure of driving. I got it fixed once at FASS but it had not gone away completely. I am thinking of removing the wheel and keep only the cover.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Gaurang Singh, Removing the wheel won't help because the fault is with the locking mechanism.
    Get the lock mechanism and a related spare part replaced under warranty free of cost . I too was getting this rattle but after the replacement of the lock mechanism, it has disappeared permanently.
    For details, check my ownership thread.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/finally-avventura-arrived.13738/
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    prabhjot and Gaurang Singh like this.