1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The 'Tempest' Comes home - My White Avventura 1.3 Emotion DI!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Rahul Singh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I got a June 2015 manufactured Evo, give it a nice wash in the stockyard and look for scratches look for any rodent related damage I saw thousands of rats there. apart from that I guess the general PDI works. It's good you din't see the car when it was dirty. Also my car had done about 10km, so that should be the same for ur Avvy as well
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 9, 2015 ---
    I have driven it close to 200kms already, on lower gears while accelerating it makes some weird tractorish noise, not loud but khad-khad sound from the engine. Is it normal? just trying to find out.. Also I am assuming there is no particular run in period but I am holding the rpm down to about 2.5k , howlmany mms does it take for the engine to smoothen out?
    Turbothinghy and Raguraman like this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Regarding the run-in period, it's not mentioned in the manual which means it's already run in. When I bought my 90 hp, I seldom crossed 3000 RPMS for the first 1000 kms. After that no reservations.
  3. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I did PDI today morning @KHT Whitefield stock yard..

1. Verified the VIN number given to me - GHZ (July 2015) and ODO displayed - H 16 KMPL

2. Verified for scratches/dents/re-paint and no issues found.

3. Verified all lights - headlamps/fog/indicators. Didn't check wipers..

4. Looked for the damages in seat fabrics and dashboard and they looked fine..

5. Display in MID were fine.. noticed warning light in MID for seat belt/un-closed doors/hand break

6. Checked tires and they looked brand new including the spare

7. They didn't allow me to test drive since it was not insured/registered.. But I just started the engine to see if NVH levels are fine.

8. Verified AC/Steering mounted audio controls/blue and me with few voice controls

Everything was fine until I tried to roll down the windows to see if its getting completely rolled down.

First I tried the rear windows and noticed that they were rolled down only 70% . But SA said that its same in all FIAT cars and showed me a Punto and other Avventura which also rolled down similarly to a certain level and not completely.

Then I tried the front windows and noticed that the driver side window rolled down completely but passenger side window rolled down only till 97% and not completely.

This he agreed to be an problem and said they would fix it soon.

I would probably visit them tomorrow evening to see if the issue is fixed. Hopefully it shouldn't be a bigger issue :)
    prabhjot and Anand Shankar like this.
  4. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Rakesh is good, he set proper expectations and stuck to them. Had a smooth deal. I guess there is too much negativity created around Fiat that we get very sceptical about everything.

That said, my boot door needs a firm hand to close. Door-lock alignment issues I guess. A seperate ownership threats is in the Making will get it in by this wekend
    prabhjot and Raguraman like this.
  5. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    My SA is Sunil and he is quite good too.. He has been following up with me for 1.5 months before I decided to go with Avventura..Overall it has been good so far with KHT.

Forgot to mention, I too found some Rat poop under the bonnet during PDI :)
    Anand Shankar and prabhjot like this.
  6. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Issue noticed with windows during PDI were fixed today. They said vehicle would be sent for registration tomorrow and I might get the number on Thursday/Friday.
    Murphy_Fiat and Rama like this.
  7. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Anand Shankar & @Rahul Singh

Could you guys pls clarify if it is mandatory in Bangalore to get this IND number plates fixed.. If so will the dealer himself help us in getting this. Or is it ok to go ahead with normal white board. I would be taking delivery of my Avvy tomorrow, so wanted to be prepared.
    Tornado likes this.
  8. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Nope IND plates are not mandatory. In fact if you get the blue bordered ones you might get fined in some states
    Raguraman likes this.
  9. Raguraman

Raguraman Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Anand Shankar - Thanks for quick response..

Yeah I saw an IND board from a local vendor near my area with blue bordered ones and he is charging Rs 1000 for that.

Also noticed other kind of IND board which had IND written in blue and has a chakra hologram above it. It has no borders in blue.

Looks like the blue bordered one is illegal and not the one we should be using.. Also as you said in TN, they have not yet approved the use of IND boards, so you would be fined there.

Anyways I will stick to normal white board until they make it mandatory across India.
  10. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    too bad, I love the way the blue bordered plates look! I really cant understand what the governments problem is, since these plates are the most legible. how are they regulating plastic plates ? there are no standard fonts that people have to use, the penalty seems to be illogical! Govts which cant maintain roads properly and provide basic road side amenities consistently shouldn't be pointing fingers at such silly stuff. On Top of that, half the plates in rural TN will have either Jaya, Karuna, or Rajni or Vijays face printed on it.